CD TRACK BLENDING???!

Mar 10, 2012
www.facebook.com
Hey guys, so I have this band that has recently come through to record their EP. All the tracking is finished, and I'm closing in on the final masters. What they want is for each track to blend over into the next one. Meaning, a few seconds of the previous track blends over to the next one. Also, one of their tracks actually is supposed to end at one random point in the audio file, and then begin as a new song.
How do I go about doing this?

In the worst case you can open a new session in protools:

Import all the mixdowns and doing the fade stuff by hand, then select the what you want to bounce as track 1,2 and so on.

Import the new mixdowns in any burning software and select no breaks between tracks.
But I use waveburner and I am happy with it ;)

^ That's what I do because I didn't buy Wavelab or something yet but this scenario doesn't include ISRC codes. I've read good things about Wave Editor (I'm on a Mac) yesterday. Gotta try this one to know how it works really tho.

I'll check out wavelab and waveburner. As for creating the fades and stuff by hand in pro tools, I can't get a basic audio player like iTunes to play the files with out a minor skip. If I were to create these fades by hand In pro tools how can I get rid of that skipping?

Alright so how should I process these? Should I put the master track in the program and then export it to iTunes or whatever? I can only do AIFFs in Waveburner, but I want either 256 or 320 MP3's. Should I put the mixed WAV into waveburner, and export it as a WAV from there and then master it? :p

I do it as a new session in Reaper, take all the mixed tracks, apply per-track processing if they need different eq, match the overall perceived volume of the tracks, do my fades/crossfades, drop markers at each point a new track starts. burn as an image.