Cea Serin

Occam's Razor

Andreas - LotFP
Feb 19, 2002
Ste-Adèle, Quebec
Hi Jim,
I know that you had a feature of Cea Serin in your mag some time ago. As I like some of their old stuff, and I have seen they've issued an album finally, I wonder if you know it. I haven't seen anything in the www so far. The album only appears in some mailorders, yet the zines over here are dead silent about it...

Occam's Razor said:
Hi Jim,
I know that you had a feature of Cea Serin in your mag some time ago. As I like some of their old stuff, and I have seen they've issued an album finally, I wonder if you know it. I haven't seen anything in the www so far. The album only appears in some mailorders, yet the zines over here are dead silent about it...

I know it's out there, but I don't know anybody in the States that's heard it. I'm really only online at work this month so haven't been able to bug Lamm about it directly yet.

I do have the new Canvas Solaris on the way though. :)

Occam's Razor said:
Well, I'm waiting to buy that record, because I didn't have much luck with the last few CDs I bought. Bad albums depress me :)

And I can garranty to you that this album is one of the best progressive (or better mercurial as the guys want to refer to) albums ever. Big saying huh? You will see by yourself. :Spam:

I listened to some samples on the webpage - sounded pretty interesting, but not that it left me completely stumped...I still smell the almost inevitable early nineties Dream Theater stink here, yet on the other hand, I don't want to judge from a sample

Occam's Razor said:
I listened to some samples on the webpage - sounded pretty interesting, but not that it left me completely stumped...I still smell the almost inevitable early nineties Dream Theater stink here, yet on the other hand, I don't want to judge from a sample

Well, of course judging from samples is not so good, you are right. I wish I had the opportunity to put the whole songs, but...anyway, you have to take into consideration that it is the first album. For me, there are obvious Dream Theater influences but they remain influences. Either way, from the kataklysm of many proogressive releases Iwill say that this one is the best for years for me.

I'm going to order that CD next week or so, as the debut of German Disillusion reconciled me a bit over the shit I've recently grabbed :erk: - They have reinforced my belief in Metal being a passionate and original affair...are you hosting the site or/and one related to the band, by the way?

bumpity bump for the thread since a couple people were talking in it before the CRASH.

As for my thoughts... the material's great, but I had it in my head for some reason that it would be all stuff I hadn't heard before... heh.

Anyways, continue the DISCUSSION~!