celebrity is to modern society as leeches are to medieval doctors

xfer

I JERK OFF TO ARCTOPUS
Nov 8, 2001
New York City
www.geocities.com
totally fucked up in so many ways and the one thing that everyone remembers about them a thousand years later, even though there was certainly a lot more there.

story.mckay.jpg

http://www.cnn.com/2004/SHOWBIZ/Music/04/13/leisure.mckay.reut/index.html
NEW YORK (Reuters) -- Singer-songwriter Nellie McKay dropped out of music college with failing grades two years ago, but now the precocious 19-year-old has a double album climbing the charts amid a flood of critical acclaim.

To hear McKay tell it, it's about time. After all, she's talented and she's been working at this for "a long time."

"I've been telling (my friends) for years that I'm going to be famous," McKay said with a sly smile over coffee at a Harlem coffee shop. "When I look at me in the mirror, I see someone on the front cover of US Weekly.

"Apparently everyone else sees a regular girl. I'm very disappointed in that," she continues. "I want them to see me as Frank Sinatra or Bill Clinton. It tends to get on my nerves when people say, 'Wow, can you believe this is happening to you?' I say 'Yeah, I've worked hard for this.' "

I'M GONNA BE ON TELEVISION

requiem.jpg

ugh, I hate this stuff but somehow I can't pull myself away from stuff like American Idol. I can understand having drive, but some of these people are just plain deluded.

you know i would really be interested to be a fly on the wall during a conversation with a bunch of mega-celebrities who run into each other at a party, like say Tom Cruise and Brad Pitt and Steven Tyler and Britney Spears. do they talk about being super-famous or do they awkwardly avoid the issue? and if they talk about being super-famous what do they say to each other? i bet they TOTALLY make fun of everyone who's not.