Celtic Frost returns

Wyvern

Master of Disaster
Staff member
Nov 24, 2002
Seminal avant-garde metal pioneers Celtic Frost announce the completion of their new studio album, tentatively titled "Dark Matter Manifest", their first in 13 years and the culmination of some three and a half years of songwriting and recording work. Although the album was largely produced by the band themselves and financed by their own production company, Celtic Frost enlisted Hypocrisy/Pain mastermind Peter Tägtgren to co-produce with them the final recording and mixing sessions at Horus Sound Studio in Hanover, Germany, in August/September 2005. Negotiations with a variety of labels are currently underway, and the album is scheduled for a release in early 2006.

Having declined innumerable reunion show propositions over the years, Celtic Frost once again deemed it essential to manifest themselves creatively with a new album before embarking on the live circuit next year.

Original Celtic Frost members Tom Gabriel Fischer (voice and guitars) and Martin Eric Ain (bass) are joined by Erol Unala (guitar) and Franco Sesa (drums). The band are now managed by Antje Lange for The A Label in Berlin, Germany (info@thealabel.com).

Electronicoil said:
Are they going to release another "Cold Lake"?

Wooo-wooo!

:OMG:

Well I expect something between that low and "Into The Pandemonium", but of course will never be the same. Different era, different thoughts.

@Flo: Thanks for the pic. Although the look of Thomas makes me shudder (and not in the good sense).

well I hope it is somewhat of a return to form.i'm sure it will have a modern sound with todays technology etc.have to wait and see.

Dodens Grav said:
I really have low expectations for this album, considering that "Ground" demo song they had floating around

Actually I do like that song. I agree that sounds like an industrial effort, but for some reason I dig it.

Oh God why have you forsaken me?
Oh God why have you forsaken me?

Fangface said:
I sense a "mallcore alert" coming from you :D

We have been around too much together mon ami :wave:

I was (am) a VERY big fan of the early Hellhammer-Frost material , but I really have a bad feeling about a return of Celtic Frost...Well, let's wait and see...

Dodens Grav said:
That's a first. Never thought I'd hear such a comment as this. :p

Moreover if you consider that I dislike industrial, black, death, etc. So why I dig this song still a mystery to myself :D

BTW, I'm not a fan of CF, I only have their compilation and Hellhammer "Apocalyptic Raids 1990" album. Which can add even more fuel to the mystery...