Celtic / Gregorian music

stefan86

invariably off-topic
Feb 19, 2003
Stockholm, Sweden
www.deathdoom.com
I'm usually mostly a metal fan but I've grown fond of the few celtic artists I've heard. I like a couple of Clannad's songs, mostly Loch Na Caillí and Theme From Harry's Game and a bunch Enya. I'm pretty much lost when it comes to this genre but I'm out for soothing bands with nice feeling featuring pianos, acoustic guitars, flutes etc.
I'd appreciate some guidance, Cheers!

I'm usually mostly a metal fan but I've grown fond of the few celtic artists I've heard. I like a couple of Clannad's songs, mostly Loch Na Caillí and Theme From Harry's Game and a bunch Enya. I'm pretty much lost when it comes to this genre but I'm out for soothing bands with nice feeling featuring pianos, acoustic guitars, flutes etc.
I'd appreciate some guidance, Cheers!

Dead Can Dance does alot of celtic music; and if you want celtic with hardcore, try the Dropkick Murphys.

John Butler has some amazing celtic-styled acoustic guitar work. Check it out if you get the chance. But i think anything that he performs with anyone other than himself pretty much sucks. His instrumental acoustic guitar peices are fucking amazing though.