Cemetary Gates GP5 (Chrous Up!)

StarFire117

Kieran MacGough
Oct 12, 2008
Rhosgoch - Mid Wales
Hi all,
Instead of doing boring college work this winter holiday, I'm going to try and tab out some of the MoI album. To start of, this is the first ever time I've tryed tabbing out songs by ear, so there's proberly a ton of mistakes. Anyway, here's the chorus for Cemetary Gates for Guitar and Keyboard!

Cemetary Gates
Guitar (Up to Solo): http://www.megaupload.com/?d=N4JRPM4M

:headbang:Kieran:headbang:
PS. Sorry Steve if I got it wrong!
http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j233/koolxkieran/PQ Tabs/CGGuitarTilSolo.png
CGGuitarTilSolo.png

ive got pretty much all of the vigil done on GP5 might upload that soon theres a big chunk of the faster bits in the solos missing but i'll have a go at them over christmas if i've time.

This topic reminds me that I've been meaning to learn more Power Quest on my keyboards. All I really know are the keyboard leads to a bunch of songs from Neverworld and Magic Never Dies.

I kind of wish bands like Power Quest, Sonata Arctica, Nightwish, etc. could put out sheet music books. I'm tired of looking at the same old hard/classic rock books with Guns N' Roses, Led Zeppelin, etc. :p good songs, but something a little more modern would be nice too.

Also, I don't know anything about the notes themselves being right, but I'd take out those 16th rests. It just doesn't sound right.

(then again I haven't heard Cemetery Gates in a while, so I could be wrong, buuuut...)

I kind of wish bands like Power Quest, Sonata Arctica, Nightwish, etc. could put out sheet music books

They could easily make one im sure, theres enough tabs on the internet that are near perfect. Could be a good way for power metal bands to get a bit extra income. I'd offer my services as transcriber :)

I transcribed a few more bars of the Hudson vigil solo: absolute BEAST!

Also, I don't know anything about the notes themselves being right, but I'd take out those 16th rests. It just doesn't sound right.

(then again I haven't heard Cemetery Gates in a while, so I could be wrong, buuuut...)

It may not be 16th rests, but I hardly ever use GP5 to tab songs, and that's what sounded right when I played it along with the song.

Anyway, by the sound of it, the whole song is based on this chord pattern apart from the solo. (So the intro and verses basicaly) The only thing I'm struggling is the little fills, like the one after "You we're always there to guide me" and "You will pick up all the pieces". It's proberly something really simple, but I'm useless at learning by ear!

:headbang:Kieran:headbang: