Cephalic Carnage - Lucid Interval

An excellent album from start to finish. I love how the band incorporated jazz-y touches here and there.

There MCD 'Halls of Amenti' impresses me even more. And to think it's the first of three MCD's. Yay!

PaulTangaroa said:
quite shockingly and unforgiveable, its only the second cd ive got by them .. ive heard that the halls of amenti thing is a one track sludge/stoner thing, is it actually good?

The only one I don't have from CC is their debut, COnforming to Abnormality.

Yeah, Halls of Amenti is a 19-minute doom/sludge song. Excellent artword on the CD itself. It's the first of three MCD to be released by the band. www.willowtip.com has it for dirt-cheap (at least for us Americans) :tickled:

cephalic carnage is NOT grindcore. I dont even here a tad of grind influence.The riffs, totally death metal riffs, the drums aren't fast enough, it sounds like origin meets suffocation. I still like CC though.

On Amazon.com someone recommended one of their cd's "instead of" Death's Sound of Perseverance (you know, the little recommend a cd feature) so I got Lucid Interval. Lets just say it has yet to impress me (especially when compared to TSOP).... though I really haven't listened to it much yet....

abysslooker said:
cephalic carnage is NOT grindcore. I dont even here a tad of grind influence.The riffs, totally death metal riffs, the drums aren't fast enough, it sounds like origin meets suffocation. I still like CC though.

No grind influences? haha. if you say. cephalic ain't a grind band, but there are a lot of carcass influence and that sort of thing. anyway.

The doom cd is the best thing i think they've written...definately worth checking out.