Ceremonial Oath reunited?!?!?

It's the original line-up, aka the same line-up as on The Book of Truth, meaning that Oscar Dronjak is handling vocals.

I asked Jesper about it, cause I was too hoping Anders would do vocals.

It's the original line-up, aka the same line-up as on The Book of Truth, meaning that Oscar Dronjak is handling vocals.

I asked Jesper about it, cause I was too hoping Anders would do vocals.

Judging by his current output I dont think i'd want Anders on vocals, can he even growl anymore or did he blow his voice out?

you obviously havent seen/heard any recent shows. the dude can growl better than ever. he never really properly "growled" anyway....just raw shrieks and harsh screams. but, now he's got power and control, can legit GROWL

Very excited for this. Oskar has that perfect guttural howl for that old school blackened melodic death that was so prevalent in the mid-nineties. And Jesper's involvement seals the deal.

I really couldn't imagine Anders being involved in something like this nowadays at all. I'm sure his personal musical tastes have evolved to the point where he'd feel like he'd be backtracking too much by participating in a Ceremonial Oath reunion.

Very excited for this. Oskar has that perfect guttural howl for that old school blackened melodic death that was so prevalent in the mid-nineties. And Jesper's involvement seals the deal.

I really couldn't imagine Anders being involved in something like this nowadays at all. I'm sure his personal musical tastes have evolved to the point where he'd feel like he'd be backtracking too much by participating in a Ceremonial Oath reunion.
His death growl during the last ~8-9 years has been REALLY good, and recent years really damn good. He could easily do those vocals in and do his Carpet songs, they'd sound a little bit different but he could do it.

I don't really think you can argue that Anders best growl performance ever is from F(r)iend from Used & Abused DVD.

I don't really think you can argue that Anders best growl performance ever is from F(r)iend from Used & Abused DVD.

Agreed. I haven't heard any better. I wouldn't mind if they played that every show just because those growls are awesome. That might be overkill to hear it every night, but you get my point. I like that he didn't just use that growl during the chorus, but throughout the song in awesome ways.

Might have some REALLY cool fucking news actually.

It seems that Anders will actually be there and do a song.
IF is hinting that on their Facebook page.

That would be fucking awesome to hear him doing his ''oldschool'' vocals again, to hear how it sounds.

:headbang: at the Ceremonial oath show last weekend at the gothenburg sound festival. they had the original line up with Oscar Dronjak on vocals & guitar, Jesper on Bass and Anders iwers on guitar. (cant remmember the drummer's name)

the setlist was : the entire book of truth album back to back and a cover of Grotesque's - submit to death with Thomas from at the gates at the vocals for that song :)