CHAOS MAGIC, ft TIMO TOLKKI and CATERINA NIX

KingsGene

God of Thunder
Apr 1, 2005
near KC
www.kingsofthenight.com
TIMO TOLKKI Creates CHAOS MAGIC with Chilean Singer CATERINA NIX

Frontiers Music Srl is pleased to announce the impending release of CHAOS MAGIC's self-titled debut album on July 3rd in Europe and July 10th in North America.

The name CHAOS MAGIC encompasses the new alliance between Finnish songwriter/producer Timo Tolkki (former STRATOVARIUS) with Chilean-born singer Caterina Nix. The beautiful singer has already collaborated with Timo on the second chapter of the AVALON Rock Opera “Angels of the Apocalypse”, where she shared lead vocals on songs with such heavyweight singers as Simone Simons (Epica), Elize Ryd (Amaranthe), and Floor Jansen (Nightwish).

chaosmagic.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Her voice is not great and the songs don't sound great from the snippets. She looks great though. I'm still amazed how Timo managed to make the Allen Lande disk from last year so good but everything is else he's done recently is super boring. Must've been a fluke!

Yeah, I'm not hearing anything to get excited about either. To be fair, there aren't any particularly long parts to judge..... One piece I did like were the orchestrations, which had a heavy in-your-face feel like older Within Temptation.

At least with Timo he has settled into a "boring" mode, as opposed to the outright RANCID mode he was in with the last Strato discs and his solo albums..... (Anyone remember Saana: Warrior of Light?!?)

Her voice is not great and the songs don't sound great from the snippets. She looks great though. I'm still amazed how Timo managed to make the Allen Lande disk from last year so good but everything is else he's done recently is super boring. Must've been a fluke!

I think that disc worked in spite of Tolkki, not because of him.

Not sure why Fire Breath is busting on her. I think her vocals are solid. The songs are crap, but we've come to expect that from Tolkki lately.