Charles Manson's guitar on craigslist

Brooks

Eyes Wide Open
Nov 15, 2001
Bay Area, California
skloid.blogspot.com
http://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/msg/938669686.html

SERIOUS INQUIRIES ONLY

There are Several Points of Provenance regarding this instrument and it's origin.

c.1965 M. Hohner, Inc. Model HG 04, Contessa

This guitar came from the Condemned Unit in San Quentin. It was played by Charles Manson. His name is carved on the face as you can see in the image below. On the back of the guitar is carved 'Donate Condemned Unit San Quentin'. Charles Manson's Mug Shot and several other images are included with the guitar as proof of it's origin and how the guitar came to be removed from San Quentin and put up for sale now.

Serious inquires will receive 17 images indicating the validity of the guitar and it's infamous player.

1161231g83ma3oc3l78bte9ce8f63657c1763.jpg
1f91411g63nd3of3lf8bt6d92d929c29b1443.jpg

Can be. It's mostly based on the honor system. You can usually read peoples intentions through some good email back and forth, but I would never go pick up something for more than a grand without a friend or two for backup, just in case.

But I would never go pick up something for more than a grand without a friend or two for backup, just in case.

That's what I'm getting too. Don't know much about it, the website layout looks like crap. I wouldn't buy from that site unless i had a dependable source, preferably from someone who has purchased something similar and knew it wasn't just someone that decided to carve words into the guitar and sell it on the net. I'm skeptical but it's not like i have 15K laying around anyway.

I've bought a TON of shit from craigslist. It's nice dealing with real people, rather than websites. It's simple because it can be. There's nothing to buy FROM craigslist, only connections to be made THROUGH it.

I've pretty much furnished my entire house from craigslist. Multiple times. It's one of the last websites of it's kind.

VIVA CRAIGSLIST!