Charlie with Dream Theater in Chicago 3/18/06

Deuce1231

New Metal Member
Mar 19, 2006
I was at the Dream Theater show in Chicago on March 18, 2006. During Mike Portnoy's drum solo, he announced that his drum kit was too big for just one person, and lo and behold, Charlie joined him behind this massive kit for one helluva drum solo/duet. Both Mike and Charlie began playing famous drum riffs. For me, being a huge KISS fanatic (like Scott and Charlie), it was especially gratifying to hear Charlie play the drum intro to "Strutter". They also ended to solo with the "Love Gun" hook. Mike also did "Indians" justice! There were so many snippets they played in what amounted to about a 15 or 20 minute solo/duet that I can't remember them all. All I know is, IT ROCKED!! I had never seen Dream Theater before, and I have yet to see Anthrax (will change hopefully as soon as the next tour hits Chicago - I have always been a fan), so it was a real treat to see Charlie and Mike together and jamming.

Anyone else out there catch this amazing display? :headbang:

God I hate Dream Theatre.... I went into Gigantour with high hopes but man were they lame.... Wish I caught one of the Anthrax gigs instead...

tomass74 said:
God I hate Dream Theatre.... I went into Gigantour with high hopes but man were they lame.... Wish I caught one of the Anthrax gigs instead...

Lame how? perhaps they're not your cup of tea but you can't say that they're "lame". Each member of DT is a virtuoso on his instrument + they write good songs.