Charlie's a SHOW OFF!!!

octane

Swollen Member
Apr 23, 2004
Cali
AND I LOVE IT...... :worship:

he's been my idol forever, ive always loved his drumming, he seems to be puttn alittle extra in the gote songs not that the drumming was awesome in the first place.... GETTER DONE CHUCK!!!

i hope he kicks as much as on the new studio album if not more... :headbang:

Are you a drummer as well? If so, or if not, who are your other favorites? I am, and my top 3 are:
Charlie- Anthrax
Igor Cavalera- Sepultura
Bill Stevenson- the Descendents/Black Flag/All

Further kick ass drumming:
the Circle Jerks- Group Sex (Keith "Lucky" Leher)
T.S.O.L.- Weathered Statues (Gerald Barnes)
Biohazard- Urban Discipline (Billy Graziadei)
Fishbone- Reality of My Surroundings (Fish Fisher)
(I believe the above said drummer is now with Justin Timberlake)

Descendent said:
Are you a drummer as well? If so, or if not, who are your other favorites? I am, and my top 3 are:
Charlie- Anthrax
Igor Cavalera- Sepultura
Bill Stevenson- the Descendents/Black Flag/All

Further kick ass drumming:
the Circle Jerks- Group Sex (Keith "Lucky" Leher)
T.S.O.L.- Weathered Statues (Gerald Barnes)
Biohazard- Urban Discipline (Billy Graziadei)
Fishbone- Reality of My Surroundings (Fish Fisher)
(I believe the above said drummer is now with Justin Timberlake)
Billy Graziadei is a singer/guitarist. Danny Schuller is the Biohazard drummer.

Charlie does an extraordinary job on TGO2E, notice the blast beat in N.F.L. But what knocked me out the most is his playing on the song Seasoning The Obese by S.O.D.

Yeah, Charlie showing off is a fucking joy to behold. I'm a drummer, and my drum idols are:

Tomas Haake (Meshuggah) - fucking unbelievable. Just on another planet.
Martin Lopez (Opeth) - technically great, but amazing at drumming "for the song"
Dave Lombardo (Slayer) - Watching him on 'Still Reigning' really reminded me why
Richard Hoak (Brutal Truth / TFD) - Completely different style to the above, but when he hits full speed you feel like you've just injected heroin. (Err... presumably).
Phil Rudd (AC/DC) - The king of just layin' down a rock solid beat.

Charlie too, but I kind of think of him more as a musician / songwriter than just a drummer specifically, partly because he tends NOT to play show-off parts.

yea im a drummer...

Charlie is #1

theres alot to name
jon tempesta
scott rockenfield
neil pert
david lombardi
ones im startn to like recently
Morgan Rose
Martin Lopez

theres alot of good drummers lately

Charlie is the shit!

A lot of coll drummers are mentioned on the above lists, but y'all forgetting Mikkey Dee! Sooo tight!

+ Per M. Jensen (invocator/the haunted), Matt Cameron (Pearl Jam/Soundgarden), Michael B. (prince)

I love the fact that Richard Hoak was mentioned. The stuff he did on Need To Control was unbelievable! Sounded like he had four arms, and no control of them! Rad.

yeah Charlie is my favorite drummer aswell, followed by Mike Portnoy. i took one of my friends to the warm up show for the dio tour, he dont really like Anthrax, but he said that they are alot better live, and Charlies little solo was fun, but then he had to go to the bathroom, too much bass beating on his bladder he said.

prime666 said:
Not bad he's played in enough bands
The vandals
Mike Ness
Perfect Circle
Guns n Roses
Suiciadal Tendencies
Did I forget any others?
I think he also plays in Bad Religion, and he did something with Infectious Grooves and he was a session drummer for some shitty chick singer, can´t remember