Chat About My B-Movie Excerpt!

Oct 26, 2002
RainbowLand
www.youtube.com
This video from YouTube is a ten minute piece from the hour and seven minute long feature titled "The Revenant." It is largely a silent film for the first twenty two minutes and the final fourty five has sound. This first excerpt and the upcoming second are the opening silent parts of the film.

I'm hoping to get the second part up as soon as possible, though when watching it, it will only be the first third of the film. But it still is fun for those that like silent films and grainy, low budget horror movies.

So enjoy! And if you don't like it, feel free to post your displeasure...I love all commentary!

Last edited by a moderator:
This video from YouTube is a ten minute piece from the hour and seven minute long feature titled "The Revenant." It is largely a silent film for the first twenty two minutes and the final fourty five has sound. This first excerpt and the upcoming second are the opening silent parts of the film.

I'm hoping to get the second part up as soon as possible, though when watching it, it will only be the first third of the film. But it still is fun for those that like silent films and grainy, low budget horror movies.

So enjoy! And if you don't like it, feel free to post your displeasure...I love all commentary!

Alright, very interesting!

I'll start with the negatives. First I believe the music could be a little more coherent and still be dark. At some points it just sounds like kind of hitting random chords. Second, I think a better pipe organ sound would make it better too. With a full organ range, I think if you lowered everything an octave and gave it the reverb of a large cathedral or hall it would sound better.

The things I liked: Well for sure I'm curious as to what what that guy is up to and what's going to happen! The scenery is also really cool. I was actually pretty certain an alligator or something was going to eat one of those ducks!
It definately had a spooky feel!

I enjoy watching people's low budget youtube videos (assuming their actually trying to make something worth watching, and not some punk teenage kid filming himself on a skateboard). I'm working on some video of a very different nature, myself. I'm filming my dad at work (crop dusting) and trying to edit them into a cool videos. However, the target audience is mostly other ag pilots since 10 minutes of the stuff is likey to bore anyone else to tears! Even with my editing!

Hey, thanks a lot for your post! I appreciate it!

Yeah...for most people, this was sort of a headscratcher, but it's not the entire thing. Mabye I'll put the whole thing on a free download site! :headbang:

As for your comments...

Yes, indeed. I was pretty much hitting random notes! :lol: I'm not a musician, but I had to get a score, so I had a decent keyboard, set it to organ, and played what I thought felt creepy. It could've been better, that's for sure. But it is what it is.

I shot this in Ventura, California, near a place called Ojai. The scenery up there is magnificient. Most amateur filmmakers film stuff up there, since it is close to a photography and film school. Although I have a bad habit of filming a little TOO much scenery...almost to the point of filler. But I still think I caught a sort of old fashioned, silent horror film vibe as well as something a low budget b-movie would feel like. I am a part of the Horror Underground now!

Thanks again for the comments! I hope I can get Part 2 up there as well. Though together they only amount to the opening third of the film...