Cheap way to liven up a gig... video??

drew_drummer

Dancefap
Sep 7, 2008
London, UK
Hey,

Is there a fairly cheap way to show some video above a band on a sheet or something? I'm thinking a few hundred pounds, rather than thousands... not made of money, but want to bring something visual to our live show.

I don't like videos because it attracts the eyes to something else than the band. Or you have to manage it well.

You could buy some lights and fumes. It's not always so expensive.

Attracting attention away from the band is kind of the idea though. It's both a cost issue and a transport issue; ideally we need something small and portable, but interesting enough that it's going to be worth it.

...and then you have to rig the projector somewhere it won't won't get destroyed, and have a lens with a proper throw distance, and get cabling to the projector.

Yeah, exactly. I was hoping there was something that could sit at the front of the stage, and aim up past the drummer; or am I just a victim of wishful thinking?

You know what might be cool, but because I am so sleepy may not be that cool later today.

Put the screen at the FRONT of the stage, and then project from behind, where the band are shadows within the video.

Might be gay, don't know. Probably is, but...

Hire some strippers maybe?

or if money is tight, cheap strippers

stripper.jpg

Hire some strippers maybe?

or if money is tight, cheap strippers

stripper.jpg

I was just going to come here and suggest this, glad I'm not the only one who thinks this is a good idea. Watched a band win a Battle Of The Bands 10 years ago with strippers dancing in cages on both sides of the stage. They kept thier goods covered, but damn were they hot and damn were they distracting! haha