Check out a band i've produced. Their Single-Video release

Very nice job with the mix dude! Any additional info on the mix process?

Production wise only gripe is that the drum grooves are somewhat stiff during a lot of the passages or then it's the overall tempo that could've been a bit faster.

Sounds killer! You posting this kinda threw me for a loop, though. Apparently there was another band named Baby Jane that was working with Michael Wagener at WireWorld studios in May. I thought it was weird that they'd be releasing a video from their older album as they're getting ready to release a new album. Here's the gearslutz thread for the other Baby Jane: Different band named Baby Jane

Back on-topic, if you have any cool tips and tricks that you did in the mix I'd love to hear em.

Thanks guys!!!

Well the guitars are mainly 5150 and Marshall TSL on the rythms. And all leads are Marshall TSL with a Mesa 2x12 and a sm57. We did a blind shoot-out between amps and we all agreed that the 5150 sounded the best.
The snare is of course blended heavily with samples and the smack comes allot from a short plate reverb. The kick is replaced but the toms are all natural. I have come to like the Waves SSL on the master with .6 release (12 o´clock) instead of auto release which gives the mixes a really focused center and it makes it sound a little bit more aggresive aka more rock vibe for me.

If anyone wants to ask anything, shoot!!!

What a silly goth look. Mix sounds quite good.

This is probably the only video I've seen of a "produced by me"-band on the Sneap forum where the image is consistent throughout everything. Everyone else always looks like shit or as if they are some random dudes (instead of a band) who went to the videoshoot in their everyday clothes ...

The song is pretty good. I wish you had convinced the band to remove the "fuckin'" in front of "behavior". It just kills the flow and singability of the lyrics - and could have been inserted once or twice in the end for added emphasis instead of repeating it all the time. For some reason this kind of hectic flow appears very often in northern European songwriting. I don't know why that is though ...

Which one of the yammies were your main monitors during mixing? Sounds like NS10's maybe?

No hs80's. Loving the ns10 though. My mixes improved quite a bit since i switched. But if you are referring to the mids haha then they where pushed in the mastering process, which i didn't do.

The song is pretty good. I wish you had convinced the band to remove the "fuckin'" in front of "behavior". It just kills the flow and singability of the lyrics - and could have been inserted once or twice in the end for added emphasis instead of repeating it all the time. For some reason this kind of hectic flow appears very often in northern European songwriting. I don't know why that is though ...

To late for those changes i guess :D