Check out samples of my band's album

azal

love is the answer
Nov 12, 2002
Belgrade, Serbia
Visit site
hey duders and dudettes,

my band Draconic just wrapped up our album.

at the following site: http://www.4shared.com/dir/9815706/8344870f/album_preview_2008.html you can stream and/or download samples of all 9 songs.

Influences range from Pantera to APP-NBC era Soilwork, to Symphony X, Meshuggah, Strapping Young Lad, Faith no More and everything in between.

basically, it's metal godammit, hopefully we'll have some news on a release date soon.

let me know what you think, we worked damn hard on it

aterz,

i like it. i could use a little less NBC and a little more FNM, but judging from some fade-outs theres a bit more variety than the samples perhaps showcase...good stuff though! some chug and hardcore, but not in a bad/gay/boring/repetitive way (if that makes sense hehe) if its reasonably priced i may grab it.

i like it. i could use a little less NBC and a little more FNM, but judging from some fade-outs theres a bit more variety than the samples perhaps showcase...good stuff though! some chug and hardcore, but not in a bad/gay/boring/repetitive way (if that makes sense hehe) if its reasonably priced i may grab it.

yeah, we definitely try to mix it up and include all the stuff we grew up listening to, but making sure that it sounds like one band playing the whole time. Glad you dug it. It all depends on the influences that sprout up at the time, the new stuff we are writing now has more morbid angel and nevermore influence, but still sounds like us.

Chug sure, but I don't really hear any hardcore, all the half-time breakdown stuff we do, which is not much, is pretty much all Pantera influenced. :D

me like-y so far

what do you play in the band?

and what program/module did you use for the Double Bass Trigger?

I play bass. Sorry, I have no idea about that production stuff, I just say if I like it or not and if it should be changed or not. :D

Pretty cool man! Is this going to be an official release?

Jake

A couple smaller labels were interested in the demo. We'll see, either it will be released in Europe or we'll go for the DIY approach if it seems wiser.

As soon as it's out though, I'll post up a link, I'm very pro downloading and just getting the word out.

And I got your PM about artwork, we've already hired someone, but your stuff is definitely cool, thanks for the offer.

me like-y so far

what program/module did you use for the Double Bass Trigger?

I used a modification of the Lamb of God - Sacrament bass drum, it didn't work with it, it was too loud since Draconic has some rock and heavy metal parts, and a jazzy part (in laudanum) so I had to adjust it too so I could use it constantly, and there are some bassy synths I had to take care of. It was also mixed with the original bass drum sound of the drummer and you may notice that it's tight but it has a wide room on it (beginning of Murder the Distance). I prefered a live-like mix so you're free to jugde me.

the bassdrum isn't totally a trigger since the drummer was mad, it's set to 40% the rest of the drums are as recorded.