Check this band i mixed, hair(y) metal

Deadstar

Apr 19, 2004
London, UK
www.facebook.com
That's the first time i produce, mix, master this genre, the song has been released already but i'm quite curious to know what you guys think about it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Good First attempt Deadstar

Old hairy metal wasnt as easy as you think guys haha

Deadstar your track with an 80s Vocal Effect

Reference:

DropBox : https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/188261190/mix/Reference 80.mp3

or

Soundcloud

80s metal was an orchestration arrangement of instrumentation with a massive focus on vocals

some vocal beds were 48 processed tracks alone , without any other part of the production :)

work on the arrangement and Vocal production to achieve TRUE old hairy 80s metal :)

If possible throw up the multi tracks man lets give the guys a true 80 vocals :)

it would be good for everyone to have a shot at the song as well

Congrates to the Band man good song:)

Cheers
S1770

Good First attempt Deadstar

Old hairy metal wasnt as easy as you think guys haha

Deadstar your track with an 80s Vocal Effect

Reference:

DropBox : https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/188261190/mix/Reference 80.mp3

or

Soundcloud

80s metal was an orchestration arrangement of instrumentation with a massive focus on vocals

some vocal beds were 48 processed tracks alone , without any other part of the production :)

work on the arrangement and Vocal production to achieve TRUE old hairy 80s metal :)

If possible throw up the multi tracks man lets give the guys a true 80 vocals :)

it would be good for everyone to have a shot at the song as well

Congrates to the Band man good song:)

Cheers
S1770

hey, thanks for the feedback. I was actually discussing about this solution with the band but we decided to go for a modern approach (their reference was Steel Panther). About the raw files, I'll ask them if they're cool with that.

Love it. Great job.
Bit of a revival in this sort of stuff lately.
I am recording a fair bit of 80s style bands.
I blame Steel Panther :)

The modern approach doesn't mesh right with True 80's , maybe create a hybrid of both modern and vintage to create a new sound Deadstar :)

Thanks for asking the band about raws Mate, Good to hear some old skool

Cheers
S1770