Cheetah

mmurnau

May 22, 2003
Nottingham, UK
Visit site
A mate who knows I'm into Saxon picked up a tour programme from The Eagle Has Landed tour for me when he saw it on a market stall. It's quite a knackered copy but I found it interesting reading nonetheless.

Anyway, I noticed the support band for this tour were called Cheetah, a female rock band fronted by two sisters who are both quite hot in the pictures here (bet they look a bit different now though...). There's even an advert for their album Rock & Roll Women inside the back cover.

A quick internet search has turned up basically no info on this band at all -- search for "Cheetah" and you get the animal, search for "Cheetah rock and roll" and you get the animal laying on a rock on its back, and search for "Cheetah Spend the Night" (their single) and you get some accounts of people spending the night in safari parks :Smug: Couldn't they have chosen a more distinctive name than this? Even finding stuff about UFO is easier!

So, was just wondering if anyone knew anything about this band, specifically stuff like: were they actually any good on the tour, what became of them afterwards (are they still around?) and did their stuff ever make it to CD?

I reckon I was only about 2 when the Eagle has Landed tour happened, so strangely I don't remember it! Cheers.

Hi mmurnau found some info for you about Cheetah it's not much really just speaks of there albums and not much else, go to this sight allmusic.com and put there name in the search. It's pretty good actually I use this sight all the time for band info, hope this helps a little.

mmurnau said:
A mate who knows I'm into Saxon picked up a tour programme from The Eagle Has Landed tour for me when he saw it on a market stall. It's quite a knackered copy but I found it interesting reading nonetheless.

Anyway, I noticed the support band for this tour were called Cheetah, a female rock band fronted by two sisters who are both quite hot in the pictures here (bet they look a bit different now though...). There's even an advert for their album Rock & Roll Women inside the back cover.

A quick internet search has turned up basically no info on this band at all -- search for "Cheetah" and you get the animal, search for "Cheetah rock and roll" and you get the animal laying on a rock on its back, and search for "Cheetah Spend the Night" (their single) and you get some accounts of people spending the night in safari parks :Smug: Couldn't they have chosen a more distinctive name than this? Even finding stuff about UFO is easier!

So, was just wondering if anyone knew anything about this band, specifically stuff like: were they actually any good on the tour, what became of them afterwards (are they still around?) and did their stuff ever make it to CD?

I reckon I was only about 2 when the Eagle has Landed tour happened, so strangely I don't remember it! Cheers.

Thanks RicknRoll, thats more than I managed to find. I'm guessing from the lack of web coverage that they never really made it, or at the very least no-one remembers them enough to create a fan site.

Cheers MatRattz, that actually has quite a bit of info in it. I could tell straight away the band went nowhere though ... the album "Rock n Roll Women", which was advertised in the Eagle Has Landed programme I was on about before, is listed at the top of that page under "Latest Album" ... vbmenu_register("postmenu_2775857", true);