CHICAGO POWERFEST 2006 - DATES, NEW VENUE & CONFIRMED BANDS REVEALED

Oct 30, 2002
Indiana
Visit site

Here's the first official Chicago Powerfest 2006 announcement.

Chicago Powerfest 2006, the 4th annual metal fest featuring both veteran and up-and-coming bands from various sub-genres of metal, will take place on Friday, April 7th and Saturday, April 8th at Mr. Kelley's Music Box in Chicago Heights, IL.

Due to the gaining momentum that the Chicago Powerfest has seen since it's beginning, the fest is moving to a brand new, much larger (600-700 capacity) venue in 2006, and will also be open to an 18+ audience, instead of its previous 21+ restriction.

To date, confirmed bands include:

ELDRITCH (1st US appearance)
BIOMECHANICAL
ION VEIN
TWELFTH GATE
GRACEPOINT
MIRROR BLACK
WITHERING SOUL

The remaining 3 bands, which include one headliner and one direct support, will be annouced in the upcoming weeks once confirmed. Also, ticket information will be made available as soon as the final line-up is announced.

For more information regarding the fest and the bands, please visit www.ChicagoPowerfest.com

Narcosynthesys68 said:
Chicago Powerfest 2006, the 4th annual metal fest featuring both veteran and up-and-coming bands from various sub-genres of metal, will take place on Friday, April 7th and Saturday, April 8th at Mr. Kelley's Music Box in Chicago Heights, IL.

Hmmmmmm. Hmmmmmmmmmm. Maybe. I'll have to see about it. I'll be headed to Hotlanta in May so I'm not sure.

I don't know any of those bands so far, but it's an excuse to get back to the old hometown. Maybe I will attend this year. I'll see who the other bands are and then decide.