Chicago show, 5/17

TooleBox Dan

Penis Head
Mar 18, 2002
Chicago
Visit site
Anthrax kicked ass. Awesome show from start to finish. Here's the setlist, not really in order, except for beginning and end...

Contact
What Doesn't Die
Black Dahlia
Got the Time
In My World
Safe Home
Inside Out
Taking the Music Back
Nobody Knows Anything
Caught in a Mosh
Black Lodge
N.F.L.
Madhouse
Antisocial
Metal Thrashing Mad
Only
Bring the Noise
I Am the Law

I'm pretty sure I got 'em all. If I forgot anything, I'm sure Justin or Buddy will clear it up. Speaking of, very cool to meet them at the show. Met up with them afterwards and hung out for a bit, then went upstairs to the dressing room. Charlie was leaving as we got there and Frank was hanging out inside, talking to some people from Sanctuary. Bush came in, talked for a few, signed our stuff, then he disappeared. He looked super tired. Got Frankie to sign some stuff, then we took off, as my buddy had to get going. So thanks to Justin for taking us up there, much appreciated. Some other notes...

--After Bring the Noise, they came back out and told us they were gonna play one more. So they played the intros to Indians and I Am the Law a few times and the response was bigger for Law so that's what they played.

--Justin had Lone Justice written on his forearms, while my friend and I made a cheap-ass Lone Justice sign with a piece of paper. Charlie was the first to notice and just started laughing behind the kit. Then Scott saw it and heard us yelling and said, "Yeah, yeah, we got it." Pretty funny. So then, near the end of the show, they played about the first 30 seconds or so. After it, Bush goes, "That right there, that's called a ball lick. It's not a blowjob, it's a ball lick. We'll finish it the next time we tour." HOLY SHIT. Right now, it appears the campaign has worked. Good work to all involved.

All in all, one kick-ass show and can't wait to go see 'em again. Thanks again to Justin and I was glad to finally meet a few people from the board.

"I let out a sign of relief as they checked my ID and put a bracelet on my wrist...as I am only 17...HELL YEAH!"

I think I was probably the youngest kid in the house, but anyway, I have to say the 'Thrax show, Saturday in Chicago, was the best concert I have ever been to up to this point! The new stuff was the highlight, BRUTAL! I am so glad Anthrax closed the show, more time, more brutality...Well, in the aftermath of it all, I am left rambling on...I cannot wait to see them again in the summer...I want to hear "What Doesn't Die", "Black Dahlia", and "Nobody Knows Anything" again and again...

Bush came in, talked for a few, signed our stuff, then he disappeared. He looked super tired.

You forget to mention John's stage dive from the 20' top of the speakers, full flip, 10.0 on the fuckin' insane scale! I think he'll be pushed out in a wheel chair for tonight's Milwaukee show.

mgaman604 said:
does any one know why it was 18+

All of the HoB shows are.

Why they are, I'm not sure.

It's funny. Our fearless webmaster Brent's wife did not have her ID and they made her go get it to prove her age. Brent is 28 and I imagine she is not far behind. I don't bitch about that stuff though, as I have had to check IDs in various jobs. I can think of many painful deaths for people who have been assholes to me.

I'm afraid you're wrong on this one. I've seen both The Misfits and Halford/Testament at the HoB , and they were All Ages shows.

Brent said:
I'm afraid you're wrong on this one. I've seen both The Misfits and Halford/Testament at the HoB , and they were All Ages shows.

It usually depends on the day of the week. Every Friday and Saturday show I've seen is either 18 or 21+. Back when I was younger, every show I saw at the HoB was on a Sunday and they were all ages.

jdelpi said:
All of the HoB shows are.

Why they are, I'm not sure.

It's funny. Our fearless webmaster Brent's wife did not have her ID and they made her go get it to prove her age. Brent is 28 and I imagine she is not far behind. I don't bitch about that stuff though, as I have had to check IDs in various jobs. I can think of many painful deaths for people who have been assholes to me.

Yeah. I have to ID for Alcohol and Tobacco. I don't mean to offend anyone, of course,
but don't EVER get PISSED at ME because YOU don't have YOUR ID on YOU!!:)

ThraxDude said:
Yeah. I have to ID for Alcohol and Tobacco. I don't mean to offend anyone, of course,
but don't EVER get PISSED at ME because YOU don't have YOUR ID on YOU!!:)

I'm the biggest asshole with that type of thing if people don't have ID. People have to show IDs with membership cards where I work and they get pissed at me WHEN IT FUCKIN' SAYS IT RIGHT ON THE CARD. :yell:

jdelpi said:
I'm the biggest asshole with that type of thing if people don't have ID. People have to show IDs with membership cards where I work and they get pissed at me WHEN IT FUCKIN' SAYS IT RIGHT ON THE CARD. :yell:

Yep! It's YOUR fault that THEY don't have their ID on them.

ThraxDude said:
Yep! It's YOUR fault that THEY don't have their ID on them.

My favorite is "you don't trust me?" You're damn right I don't. I don't trust anybody, so fuck you.

And with alcohol and tobacco, you can get in some serious shit if you break the law. I don't even agree with the laws, but that doesn't mean I am going to risk fines in protesting them. I used to work at my 'rents' gas station before it went out of business. My favorite was a kid who put out a cigarette before walking into the store and wanted to buy more. He didn't have ID, and I didn't sell, because he looked like a fat 15-year old

This dude I work with got busted 'cause of selling alcohol. But he didn't deserve it.
He asked for an ID, the chick with the alcohol had no ID, so he called a manager (which is what they told us to do, in writing).
The manager asked the chick her birthdate, the chick lied, and the manager, and my friend got busted.
I think he fought it, though, since he did exactly what he was supposed to do.
The manager also got demoted...

ThraxDude said:
This dude I work with got busted 'cause of selling alcohol. But he didn't deserve it.
He asked for an ID, the chick with the alcohol had no ID, so he called a manager (which is what they told us to do, in writing).
The manager asked the chick her birthdate, the chick lied, and the manager, and my friend got busted.
I think he fought it, though, since he did exactly what he was supposed to do.
The manager also got demoted...

My dad had this dude straight out of Pakistan working for him that we know fucked up a few times. I don't think we ever got busted for that. But I think my dad fucked up and did get busted. I am so glad they got rid of that hellhole, even if it means bad credit and debt for the rest of their lives. :erk:

I card people all the time at my bar but sometimes if a girl is cute enough, I'll serve her anyway. j/k Sometimes they offer to show their tits or something and then I know she's not an authoritive figure. And then I mix her a buttry nipple.

AlexStomp said:
I card people all the time at my bar but sometimes if a girl is cute enough, I'll serve her anyway. j/k Sometimes they offer to show their tits or something and then I know she's not an authoritive figure. And then I mix her a buttry nipple.

Someone flashed from the balcony at the second HOB show. It was nice, but not as nice as "Lone Justice."