Chicago shows

actually, a lot of the "Chicago" dates take place in Aurora... but you're from the area, so you probably already know that ;) I know most of the tours hit the Chicago area... those Helloween bastards keep on skipping Cleveland though, even though their webmaster FRICKING LIVES HERE!!!!!!!!! :bah:

Chicago has nothing to complain about in comparison to Atlanta, or most other Southern cities I think.

booB said:
actually, a lot of the "Chicago" dates take place in Aurora... but you're from the area, so you probably already know that ;) I know most of the tours hit the Chicago area... those Helloween bastards keep on skipping Cleveland though, even though their webmaster FRICKING LIVES HERE!!!!!!!!! :bah:

good point here. i had the privelage of seeing SX in this rundown piece of crap bar/venue in aurora a few years ago. there were more people just sitting at the bar drinking who had no clue who SX were than actual SX fans.

Half the people I met were from Houston. This only confuses me more, with so many bands missing Houston, even bands coming through Texas. We are the 4th largest city in the country, had a large portion of people at Prog Power and we just this year got our own Ozzfest, just to show how low on the totem pole we really are. Heck most foriegn bands skip out on Texas altogether. How do you come to America and skip Texas? It's like going to Italy and missing Tuscany.

BalanceofPower said:
Bear I totally agree with you! This is Vito from Novembers Doom, I met you the last two years at powerfest. I'll have to tell Chris and Rob to try to get them on next year haha.

Hey Vito what up man!!!! Since Chris and Rob stepped it up last year to get Morgan Lefay and Tad Morose, I would think that a band like Kamelot would be just about right for the next fest and its in the bigger place now right? Have you seen the new place yet? Whats it called Mr. Kelly's?

Bear

mitthrawnuruodo said:
Half the people I met were from Houston. This only confuses me more, with so many bands missing Houston, even bands coming through Texas. We are the 4th largest city in the country, had a large portion of people at Prog Power and we just this year got our own Ozzfest, just to show how low on the totem pole we really are. Heck most foriegn bands skip out on Texas altogether. How do you come to America and skip Texas? It's like going to Italy and missing Tuscany.

I always wondered this same thing. I asked the Timo's in Strato why they have no Texas Dates, and get this.... They said that Texas is the state of the Devil. They refuse to play in Texas because that is were Dubya is from... These guys really believe that.

Go figure...

Shane

Yeah, Atlanta does suck, and the city counsel doesn't help things one bit. I don't mind the fact that outside of some of the smaller bands, I'll have to travel outside of the state to go to concerts, but that will get expensive after a while.

Beholder said:
I always wondered this same thing. I asked the Timo's in Strato why they have no Texas Dates, and get this.... They said that Texas is the state of the Devil. They refuse to play in Texas because that is were Dubya is from... These guys really believe that.

Go figure...

That's, umm......... Remarkably silly.

And I'm being kind to the Timo's here.

Don't be too sure he wasn't messing with you. ;)

That's why I like living 15 mins from NYC...EVERYONE comes through here!
Same here. Sucks trying to get through the Lincoln after work to catch a show and trying to park while it's still rush hour, but at least the shows are here, so I'm not complaining.:headbang:

I think when you actually have two big cities (Chicago and Milluakee) that close to each other, you would actually have a good chance of seeing most bands. I still don't understand why Manowar never plays in any of the five state area.

Grand Rapids is great because a lot of bands DO stop here, but if they don't they will usually be in Chicago or Detroit - both are only about 3 hours away. Sure that makes for a long night, but it's not an impossible adventure :)

booB said:

Isn't Aurora the place where "Waynestock" took place?:loco:

Beholder said:

Go figure...

Shane

LOL too funny. I wouldn't go there either...hehe, just kidding.

sh0kr0k said:
Grand Rapids is great because a lot of bands DO stop here, but if they don't they will usually be in Chicago or Detroit - both are only about 3 hours away. Sure that makes for a long night, but it's not an impossible adventure :)

yippee we can just go crash at sh0kr0k's next time a band is playing Detroit and not Chicago :) You like dogs, right Tammy?