Chicago trip! (Just visiting)

why are kiuas and november's doom sharing a stage with dope and soil? beer break!
~gR~

Who needs beerbrakes?
I drink and watch at the same time :kickass:

Gonna (try to) see:

Korpiklaani
Black Label Society
Soil
Assailant (friends of mine)
Devil Driver
Personal War
Sheep Head

It'll be loads of fun :headbang::kickass:

The time is closing in :headbang:

Hope to meet some of Ya'll there, beer beer beer and fun fun fun :kickass:

Two days and you'll be in the "Windy City"!! And we'll be seeing you Thursday next week....looks like your gettin a ride from us.......get ready to get yer drink on!!:kickass::lol:

Two days and you'll be in the "Windy City"!! And we'll be seeing you Thursday next week....looks like your gettin a ride from us.......get ready to get yer drink on!!:kickass::lol:

Yehaaaw!
I heard John was busy so he tossed us on YOU o_O

Oh, I'll be prepared, just make sure you have space for two morons, bags and two guitarcases...

Yeehaaaw!

Currently seated at Hooter right next to O'Hare airport for some greasy burger breakfast :)

Friday night my buddy Chris got us VIP to the Lamb Of God show at Congress Theatre, saturday we met up with two of the guys from german SheepHead, went for beer at Hooters (located 50m from our hotel, O'Hare Garden).
When everyone else went off to sleep I jumped a cab to a pub called Teasers, had good fun and met some cool ppl.

Today, sunday it's dinner with germs and our friends "Glanpa" and "Shorty" at the Outback Steakhouse down the block... :)

Thought we'd catch a White Sox or Cubs baseball game while we're here, run around downtown and generally fuck around...

Chicago is so far a nice town :headbang:

Sounds like you have a lot of plans!! If you go see the cubs, check out some of the bars in the area......that's yuppie heaven right there.....you could people watch AND get drunk at the same time lol.....
Also if you go to any museums, I would say the Museum of Science and Industry is cool, the Planetarium and the Field museum are cool too.....and they are all pretty close together.....
But remember, ya only have approx. 2 1/2 more days before all the drinking and debauchery begin!!:headbang::kickass:
See ya sooner than ya think!!

Monday, went downtown to the Navy Pier, a bit of a disappointment as it seemed like half open...
Ran around a bit in Downtown Chigago looking for stuff to help us steal Internet from local wireless networks :D
Went shopping at Harlem Irwing Plaza, got some nice tee's and other crap...
Ended up at a local pub called Shoeless Joe's in up in Rosemont, surrounded by a hurd of Greatful Dead fans that just came from the gig at Rosemont Bowl :D
Spaced out ppl :loco:

Still not sure about catching a baseballgame, we'll see what happens...

No concrete plans for tonight (tuesday), might check out Teasers or Shoeless Joe's again or go find a tittybar...:kickass:

Plan for wednesday is either the Opeth gig at House Of Blues or just go drinking with "Shorty" and the germs downtown...
"The Hobbits" from Umeå, Sweden is coming in as well...

Can't wait to get to CPF and meet some metalheads :kickass:

Note: This country is NOT made for walking in :zombie:

Tuesday:
Went shopping, again...@ Wal*Mart this time looking for that infamous router gadget...o_O
Bought a new hat...:)
Went for beer at Joe's again, with the deadheads...:loco:
Met some nice girls...:oops:
Chris gave away my new hat to one of them :err:
At least we got pictures :lol:

You may find some at our MySpace...will put up more ASAP.

Now wednesday, just woke up, breakfast time, then at 5pm we should be Downtown hooking up with the germs and Shorty for a night on Rush St. ...apparently the Hobbits and Glandpa will join in, could be a fun night (I like beer more than Opeth). :kickass::headbang:

Note: There's barely any sidewalks!!!! WTF?

Wednesday:

Slept most of the day:loco:

Went downtown to The House of Blues for the Opeth show, I tagged along otherwise Chris was on his own...
Checked out a bit of Enslaved then Opeth, not really my cup of tea but Chris enjoyed himself.
Met up with Erin (merch on the -99 tour I did with Lefay) she got us on the guestlist as she was doin' merch for Opeth :worship:
Topped off the night by meeting up with Assailant, the guys from SheepHead, Shorty and Glandpa at the Foundation Room (a VIP club at House of Blues)
Went back to hotel and ordered out for a greasy pizza before passing out in bed:loco:

Today thursday we head off to the Super 8 motel in Mokena, across the street from Pearl Room, the venue of Chicago Powerfest.
Tonight the Pagan Fest tourpackage will be at the venue as an "opening night" for CPF. Should be fun....

Rock on!:guh:

PS.
More pics up on http://www.myspace.com/rebelcollective

Thursday:
Our good friends Annie and Rick came and picked us up, drove us to the venue in Mokena.
Met up with all the cunts at CPF, (the wannabees) Chris and Rob, Ralph the drumtech, Brian the stringtech and a whole bunch of other cunts :loco:
Went over to the Pearl Room for Pagan Fest, beer was $8 so we went to other pub for some billiards and other manly games (i.e a punchingbag :guh:) Chris won, I came in second and Ralph is a pussy :Smug:
Went back and checked out Korpiklaani, great show....
Ended up in Annies and Ricks room for sweet afterparty, memories of past CPF start coming back :D

Back tomorrow with notes on Assailant and Black Label Society

:Spam:

Ok...a bit late but I got hung up :kickass:

Friday and Saturday kicked ass...
Assailant was cool, but due to some fuck-ups brought on by the headliners all other bands had to shorten sets, among them Assailant wich was too bad :( Had a look at BLS...good enough beermusic but that's about it for me.
Lil' germs in SheepHead impressed me enough allthough their style is not really my cup of tea they brought on a good show. Favourites was second germ band Perzonal War, they kicked ass, absolutely my kind of show :headbang: they had fun and You could see it :kickass: caught Halo by Soil, didn't much care for the rest, liked the old singer better. Stopped by DevilDriver as well, again, a decent show but 2 songs was enough...went for beer :kickass:

Then the prime of the weekend...Rick & Annies aftershow parties back at the hotel, free beer, free snacks (me and Björn of Perzonal War provided the free hugs). The parties of the year if You ask me...there are no words to show my gratitude to the CRJ crew, Annie and Rick for having me there as their guest and VIC (Very Important Cunt). Hope for a Rebel show next year! :worship:notworthy:worship:notworthy:worship:

Going home was a bitch, completely DEAD on sunday, slept most of it actually o_O
Left Chicago on monday at noon local time, got back home around 10am tuesday local time, have no real clue how many hours passed, I do understand what jetlag is now :zombie:

But, I'll do it again without a doubt! :headbang:

P.S Pictures of the trip will be at our MySpace until we get the website up and running, enjoy!