Chicago's EARTHEN added to mainstage

Earthen are folk metal and is the master mind of Mike LeGross from Disiner / Novembers Doom / etc.....

I have never heard nor seen them.

As Bob said they have been around for a while. Maybe this will help bring in a different crowd.

If Earthen Grave were booked Bob would boycott both days....

So in other words.............no.....

I think this was a mystery to all involved!

it is funny...Earthen Grave are so disliked in Chicago. Everyone I talk to asides Jason cant stand them. I mean they are dull as hell and look silly. But I never understood the hate.

Earthen Grave are doom metal.

Bob, get off your high horse about your "Chicago inner circle" that you try so hard to be a part of.

I never said they were an amazing band by any stretch of the imagination but are solid enough for a local doom band.
They will never break out beyond that too much considering they simply re-record the same handful of songs (including covers) over and over.

Earthen Grave are doom metal.

Bob, get off your high horse about your "Chicago inner circle" that you try so hard to be a part of.

I never said they were an amazing band by any stretch of the imagination but are solid enough for a local doom band.
They will never break out beyond that too much considering they simply re-record the same handful of songs (including covers) over and over.

I am far from any Chicago inner circle.

You were the same guy who Quote "after they open for MegaDeth in Milwaukee, they are going to break big".

fast forward a year or so.....nope....still no one cares about them.

there are lots of circles of people I talk to at shows who cant stand them. Not just one inner circle...but many circles of the chicago metal scene.

How was the Uli show?
i completely forgot it happened.

It was pretty good, but there was way too much jamming during the songs. There were times when Uli was wailing away on his guitar and the rest of the band looked bored. Still, it was pretty awesome to hear all those old songs live. I didn't stay for the whole time, I left after the two hour mark.

It was pretty good, but there was way too much jamming during the songs. There were times when Uli was wailing away on his guitar and the rest of the band looked bored. Still, it was pretty awesome to hear all those old songs live. I didn't stay for the whole time, I left after the two hour mark.

Yeah, there is this one Michael Schenker DVD where Uli jammed at some fest with Moog, Schenker, and PEte Way.

It was cool but UFO left out the spacey stuff YEARS ago!

Re-read your post.
You imply there are many circles of which you claim to be a part of.
Just reiterating your post.
I don't really care, as all these "little" circles include people who have spoken negatively of this fest, so F' EM!!!! !LOL