Children of Bodom - Are You Dead Yet?

Metaltastic

Feb 20, 2005
So not only do I actually really like the music on this album (my third favorite behind FtR and Hatebreeder), I LOVE the production on it; IMO easily their best guitar tone (way better than Bloodrunk) and the drums rule (ESPECIALLY the snare, it's extremely awesomely raw, probably owing to the very natural ring on it from being undampened, which seems very hard to get right and not piss me off like crazy, unlike, say, many of the Superior 2.0 snares, and Mike Portnoy's, especially on "A Change of Seasons" :ill: ). Just thought I'd raise awareness of this awesome album!

Always loved the sound on this album. But for me, the music only makes it better. :p

Edit: Whoa, I read that as you didn't like the music. Woops :loco:

AHAHAHA!! I hate this album and I am a big COB Fan :lol:

In my opinion, their best production was HCDR. My favourite would be FtR, has such an awesome atmosphere
biggrin.gif

This is one of my favourites too, I have my main guitar tone based around it at the moment in fact after yoinking an EQ curve out of it! They did sound a bit cactus when i saw them last, but thats because cardiff arena I swear has shite sound compared to all the other places i've been.

So not only do I actually really like the music on this album (my third favorite behind FtR and Hatebreeder), I LOVE the production on it; IMO easily their best guitar tone (way better than Bloodrunk) and the drums rule (ESPECIALLY the snare, it's extremely awesomely raw, probably owing to the very natural ring on it from being undampened, which seems very hard to get right and not piss me off like crazy, unlike, say, many of the Superior 2.0 snares, and Mike Portnoy's, especially on "A Change of Seasons" :ill: ). Just thought I'd raise awareness of this awesome album!

My thoughts exactly. I have to say I'm really not a COB fan by any means, but somehow this album just kicks ass in every aspect.

AYDY has a place in my heart. :lol:

Blooddrunk is cool but I really don't care for it.

Most CoB fanbois think it has the worst production and was written in less then 3 days. :lol:

Yeah, Blooddrunk is easily my least favorite - oh well...

Necro, I figure you would know this - is the tone on AYDY the ol' Lee Jackson + VHT through a Marshall? Cuz it has the trademark Bodom "metallic" sound, but I've NEVER heard it sound so full and awesome :worship:

Yeah, Blooddrunk is easily my least favorite - oh well...

Necro, I figure you would know this - is the tone on AYDY the ol' Lee Jackson + VHT through a Marshall? Cuz it has the trademark Bodom "metallic" sound, but I've NEVER heard it sound so full and awesome :worship:

Yup, GP1k's through VHT 2/90/2's and 2/50/2's through Marshall 412's loaded with 75's.

I love the bass on that and HCDR, but my favorites are HCDR, FTR, and AYDY tied with Hatebreeder - the last two are definitely things I have to be in the mood for, so they're lower.

Jeff

Their bass is truly key to their sound, I mean the GP even paired with a huge sounding preamp like a VHT can sound a bit thin due to the extremely pronounced mids.

I like their stuff, but they seriously should ditch the keyboard wankery, or at least tell the guy their have been some new developments in synth sound design since the 1980's