CHILDREN OF BODOM Bassist On Response To 'Hexed' Album: 'Surprisingly, We Got A Lot Of...

MetalAges

Purveyor of the Unique & Distinct
Staff member
Sep 30, 2001
Virginia, USA
www.ultimatemetal.com
CHILDREN OF BODOM bassist Henkka Seppälä (a.k.a. Henkka T. Blacksmith) spoke to Kaaos TV about the fan response to the band's tenth studio album, "Hexed", which came out in March via Nulcear Blast Records. "Well, surprisingly, we got a lot of positive feedback," he said (see video below). We haven't been expecting any positive feedback [for] many years… The more albums you do, the more people expect and always reflect to the older stuff. Then, at some point, you just try not to expect anything; you just try to make it as good as you can. And with 'Hexed', we have had a lot of good reactions, first from the media, from the critics, and then also from the fans, what I've seen. Of course, I'm sure there's a lot of fans who don't like it. But I've seen more positive [feedback] than from the previous albums." Asked if he pays attention to reviews of his band's music, Henkka said: "I don't actively follow [it], but, of course, sometimes I see… Of course, in this social media world, it's hard to avoid. But I don't go and look, because it makes no sense." "Hexed" saw CHILDREN OF BODOM return to Finland's Danger Johnny Studios where the band was reunited with Mikko Karmila ("I Worship Chaos", "Halo Of Blood", "Hatebreeder", "Follow The Reaper" and "Hate Crew Deathroll") who recorded everything except keyboards and also produced the album with the group. Janne Wirman recorded keyboards at Beyond Abilities Studios. The album was mixed and mastered at Finnvox Studios in Helsinki, Finland.

Continue reading...