CHILDREN OF BODOM

Anybody here checking them out on Gigantour this Spring? Favorite albums and songs?

Yup. I've been on a COB kick lately. I'm going to the Gigantour in Detroit for two reasons: In Flames (I love their new album!) and Children of Bodom. I don't like Cowboy. And I could take or leave Megadeth. But I think In Flames and COB are well worth seeing.

Incidentally, COB must be the new poster children (no pun intended) for power/prog/death metal. They're on the cover of this month's Decibel and Metal Hammer.

Bill

Yup. I've been on a COB kick lately. I'm going to the Gigantour in Detroit for two reasons: In Flames (I love their new album!) and Children of Bodom. I don't like Cowboy. And I could take or leave Megadeth. But I think In Flames and COB are well worth seeing.

Incidentally, COB must be the new poster children (no pun intended) for power/prog/death metal. They're on the cover of this month's Decibel and Metal Hammer.

Bill
Thanks, Bill!:headbang: If I went to Gigantour this year, it would be to see In Flames and COB.:kickass: However, funds and da boss won't allow me to be there.:erk:

I've never been a big fan of this act, either, but I was rather impressed with them after seeing a clip from their live show at Wacken a couple years back. It was "Six Pounder". Nicely done. I love Alexi's work in Sinergy.

They're my favorite band, actually, but I'm not catching them on Gigantour. Just can't afford it at this point in time.

They desperately need to bring Touch Like Angel of Death back.

I like CoB a great deal, although their newer stuff hasn't gotten me as excited as, say, Hatebreeder or Follow the Reaper. Not sure yet if I'll be at the Gigantour date here....if I do go, it would primarily be for CoB and In Flames (another band whose recent stuff doesn't thrill me as much as their older stuff).

I'd have to work at RennFaire all day Sunday, then head up to ATL for the show, then drive back down to Union City for the traditional Rennie takeover of a local restaurant* and the drum-circle, which I play in. Hmmm. It's doable if I skip Megadeth, maybe.....

-=-=-
* La Fiesta restaurant, for the curious

Every time I see CoB they get better. I've seen them 5 times(they were always touring with other bands I wanted to see). The first time Alexi was so drunk it was really bad and sloppy, so I wrote them off at that show, but the next time I saw them he apologised for being so drunk and blew me away. It was like a totally different band. Also, they are one of those bands that really like to hang out and watch the other bands, so they were at the bar for a few of the headliner's sets. All of this was at Pop's outside St. Louis(A.K.A. Hell).

Every time I see CoB they get better.

That was true for awhile, but the last tour I saw (believe it was their last headlining tour) was just plain sloppy. They weren't bad, because Bodom on their worst day is still better than a lot of bands, but it just wasn't the same. Now that they've gone and put out a killer album again I'm hoping they step up the live show to what it once was.

I'll be in Atlanta for Gigantour this Sunday, primarily for In Flames and COB. Megadeath has never done anything for me, with the exception of throwing this tour :p. High on Fire should be good as well, but JFOC is just garbage.

Also, Blooddrunk came out today, going to pick it up before work. Anyone have it yet and have thoughts?

I've heard the cover they did for "Lookin' Out My Back Door" from CCR, and it shreds. Unfortunately that's a UK disk, and the U.S., the rest of Europe, and Asia all have different covers and special stuff.

I just picked up Blooddrunk. Best Buy had the special edition marked for the same price as the regular edition ($11.99, including a bonus DVD with the album in 5.1, video, and making of).

Sounds like they took the Are You Dead Yet styled riffs and fused it with the older, faster, keyboard heavy sound.

No serious thoughts yet, but always a fun band to listen to.

I'll be in Atlanta for Gigantour this Sunday, primarily for In Flames and COB. Megadeath has never done anything for me, with the exception of throwing this tour :p. High on Fire should be good as well, but JFOC is just garbage.

Also, Blooddrunk came out today, going to pick it up before work. Anyone have it yet and have thoughts?

Sounds like any older bodom album but they have 2 proggy style songs.

A lot of people will think I am nuts but Are You Dead Yet? is my favorite Bodom album. I love their older stuff but when Are You Dead Yet? came out it just completely knocked me on my ass, I was so impressed. I have seen Bodom a ton of times now. Thinking back I first saw them at the NJ Hardcore and Metal Fest in 2003. I only went to this because of Nevermore and Dimmu Borgir. Having never seen Bodom before I was floored by them. Just seeing them play on that huge stage and the way the fans were going crazy for their set I knew there was something special about them. When they came out and put on their show it was like watching Maiden up there or something especially with how great people were reacting. I was blown away. After that I saw them with Iced Earth and Evergrey, saw them with Lamb of God and Fear Factory, saw them with Slayer, Lamb of God, Mastodon, and Thine Eyes Bleed, saw them headline at Nokia Theatre with Amon Amarth and I will be seeing them one week from today with Megadeth and In Flames in New York City, I cannot wait. Heading out in a few minutes to get the new album. Gonna see if Best Buy has that version with the DVD in it. If they don't I know Target has the album for $9.99. Gosh when did I ever think I would see Children of Bodom being sold at Target? That is fuckin awesome.