Chinese Democracy

wdiv

Rattlehead
May 28, 2004
US
Has anybody heard any of the Chinese Democracy tracks that have "leaked" last week? The local radio station was playing a couple clips and I was only able to catch part of one song.

If the track was legit, Axl's voice sounded decent, but the music sounded like way, way, way too overproduced industrial metal.

no links but I have heard three of them, they were played on the Stern show... Axl's managment then went on to issue a press release that these tracks were demos....
I can't say I was moved. I will buy the record to give it a complete listen before I pan it though...

I'm not expecting a mind blowing record from Axl. I think if anything the bar has been lowered. How the hell will the label recover the millions they have invested into this record? They'd have to sell like 10 million copies in the first week alone. If it is a good record then it truely will be surprising.

sixxswine said:
How the hell will the label recover the millions they have invested into this record? They'd have to sell like 10 million copies in the first week alone.

This is the thing that pisses me off the most...
That dork got himself 10 million $ (COME ON!!!) to make a fukkin CD!!! :yell:
After the first million I'd kick him in the ass and throw him out if I was the label exec...
Jesus, if I had a million, not only would I cover the expenses, I'd make myself the whole fuckin' studio! :bah:

I apologize for being rude here, but spoiled brats of Axl's kind make me wanna explode with anger... :saint:

If it is a good record then it truely will be surprising.

Amen to that...

http://www.livedaily.com/news/Guns_N_Roses_book_summer_shows_new_material_leaked-9648.html?t=97Things have heated up this week for the long-dormant Guns N' Roses (music), with the Axl Rose-led group confirming some upcoming European concerts, and cuts from the band's perpetually delayed new album surfacing on the Internet.
Rose and company have signed on for the May 27 Rock in Rio festival in Lisbon, Portugal, as well as a June 9 co-headlining gig with Motley Crue in Dublin, Ireland, and a June 11 set in Donington, UK, as part of this summer's Download Festival.

GN'R, which last performed at Rock in Rio in 2001, was "the most requested band" by users of the official Rock in Rio website, according to information posted at the site.

The group was due to perform at the festival's 2004 incarnation, but pulled out two months before the show, with Rose issuing a statement in which he blamed his then-guitarist Buckethead's sudden departure from the band as the reason for the cancellation.

Word of GN'R's upcoming performances surfaced at roughly the same time that three studio-quality tracks from "Chinese Democracy"--an album that Rose has been working on for close to a decade--reportedly were leaked on the Internet.

Talk-show host Howard Stern aired one of those cuts, titled "I.R.S.," earlier this week during his Sirius Satellite Radio program.

Rose recently told Rolling Stone magazine that he had completed 26 of the 32 new songs he's been working on, and that 13 of those will turn up on "Chinese Democracy." A release date for the album still hasn't been announced.

GN'R hasn't released a collection of original material since 1991's two-volume "Use Your Illusion." Since then, all of the group's members aside from Rose have moved on to other projects--most noticeably original guitarist Slash and original bassist Duff McKagan, as well as longtime drummer Matt Sorum, who went on to form Velvet Revolver with former Stone Temple Pilots frontman Scott Weiland and guitarist Dave Kushner.

Aside from Rose, GN'R's current lineup is unknown. In recent years, Rose has enlisted Buckethead and guitarist Robin Finck (Nine Inch Nails)--both of whom have since jumped ship--as well as bassist Tommy Stinson (The Replacements), drummer Brian "Brain" Mantia (Primus) and keyboardist Dizzy Reed, who first played with GN'R in the early '90s.

Rose took his new GN'R lineup on the road in 2002 for an outing billed as the "Chinese Democracy" tour. The ill-fated trek was aborted before its planned conclusion after being marred by cancellations and riots stemming from Rose's failure to show up in a timely fashion, or at all, for some shows.

May 2006
27 - Lisbon, Portugal - World Stage, Bela Vista Park (Rock in Rio)

June 2006
9 - Dublin, Ireland - RDS Arena
11 - Donington, United Kingdom - Donington Park (Download Festival)
Related Artists / Topics
Guns N' Roses
Related Interviews
liveDaily Interview: Slash of Velvet Revolver
liveDaily Interview: Slash

I hope not to sound overly repulsive but this really matters? The Nth Metallica thread and a review on Sepultura's new record got me thinking do these bands are relevant anymore? Shall we still mourn for them?

My intention to go to PPVII besides meeting all the good people is to get in touch with new bands and more, to see if I can broad my horizons because many bands I like are gone or in decadence and I refuse to turn into a "living dead" metalhead.

There's a saying in Spanish: el que se va de sevilla pierde su silla the one who left lost it's place will be the best translation. New bands are coming each day willing to carry the true metal torch on, those who slept in their laurels can remain asleep for that matters.

13:53 rant and peace to all.

After all the shit Axl has pulled over the years, I can not believe there is one person willing to support him in any way. He has shit on his fans over, and over again.

Wyvern said:
I hope not to sound overly repulsive but this really matters? The Nth Metallica thread and a review on Sepultura's new record got me thinking do these bands are relevant anymore? Shall we still mourn for them?

Relevent? Not really. But still a curiosity.

wdiv said:
Has anybody heard any of the Chinese Democracy tracks that have "leaked" last week? The local radio station was playing a couple clips and I was only able to catch part of one song.

If the track was legit, Axl's voice sounded decent, but the music sounded like way, way, way too overproduced industrial metal.

His vox sound fine but they're way buried in the mix. Way, way, way buried. All three tracks are fairly mellow.

GnR are confirmed for the Graspop metal Meeting in Belgium...Another good reason for me not to go there :loco:

Here are some other bands that are coming, not really one band that I say of: "wow, wanna see those".....

After Forever
Armored Saint
Deicide
Edguy
Ensiferum
Evergrey
Gathering, the
Helloween
Michael Schenker Group
Moonspell
My Dying Bride
Opeth
Saxon
Whitesnake

Wyvern said:

There's a saying in Spanish: el que se va de sevilla pierde su silla the one who left lost it's place will be the best translation. New bands are coming each day willing to carry the true metal torch on, those who slept in their laurels can remain asleep for that matters.

That is perfect Wyv! Pretty much sums it up. We all spend so much time and effort and money on these (sorry) has beens... There are a million "new" real metal bands that just smoke these bands that just aren't good at all anymore.

Metallica - R.I.P. (back to form??? looks like the form is in the shape of a pile of dog do!)
G'N'R - R.I.P. (a 3-disc package...??? Come on, who cares after all this time and who really wants 3-discs of shit that Axl is going to shove our way?)
Queensryche - R.I.P. (OMII??? This was probably the straw that broke the back for me...)

We all need to stop spending time and effort on them. And yes, they should stop teasing us with lies.

As much as I love GNR, I'm not expecting shit from Axl. I'd rather pin my hopes on Velvet Revolver getting serious and producing a good album.

Chinese Democracyo_O

Oh jeah I tought this would be some political thread.:Smug:

That dork got himself 10 million $ (COME ON!!!) to make a fukkin CD!!!

Come on where do you need so lot of money to make cd.:zombie:
But is it anymore g´n´r Album if there is only axl at orginal member.