Chris Caffery CDs- MAJOR Disappointment!!

savabich2

Aug 9, 2005
I don't know what to say about this, I ordered Faces and Warped a few weeks ago and have been listening to them steadily for about a week or so.

I was really expecting that someone who played a part in the evolution of Savatage and the birth of TSO would present something along those same lines- something wonderful, majestic and beautiful.

Instead, I was met with a barrage of bitterness, rage and anger.

The vocals are like getting hit in the head with a hammer, just screaming and ugliness and the guitar solos are furious- but without any of the sweetness that Al Pitrelli displays in TSO.

From listening to this, it's hard to believe Chris had anything to do with the last 3 Savatage CDs or TSO.

I just can't understand why someone with this much talent would try so hard to distance himself from what he is so popular for.

I almost cried when I heard this, it's not at all what I wanted from Chris and it makes no sense to me.

I'm going to try to give this a few more listens, there are some soft spots on Faces- Music Man and Bag of Bones but there are absolutely none on Warped.

I just can't help thinking, why? It doesn't sound like Savatage or TSO, it doesn't even sound like anything else out there right now. I couldn't even put it in any one category. I am so upset right now.

savabich2 said:
I don't know what to say about this, I ordered Faces and Warped a few weeks ago and have been listening to them steadily for about a week or so.

I was really expecting that someone who played a part in the evolution of Savatage and the birth of TSO would present something along those same lines- something wonderful, majestic and beautiful.

Instead, I was met with a barrage of bitterness, rage and anger.

The vocals are like getting hit in the head with a hammer, just screaming and ugliness and the guitar solos are furious- but without any of the sweetness that Al Pitrelli displays in TSO.

From listening to this, it's hard to believe Chris had anything to do with the last 3 Savatage CDs or TSO.

I just can't understand why someone with this much talent would try so hard to distance himself from what he is so popular for.

I almost cried when I heard this, it's not at all what I wanted from Chris and it makes no sense to me.

I'm going to try to give this a few more listens, there are some soft spots on Faces- Music Man and Bag of Bones but there are absolutely none on Warped.

I just can't help thinking, why? It doesn't sound like Savatage or TSO, it doesn't even sound like anything else out there right now. I couldn't even put it in any one category. I am so upset right now.

... I happen to think Faces is one of 2004's best cds... It's very diverse and like you mentionned, original. I like the fact that it's pissed of metal...

I agree that Chirs went the easy way but I think it's a nice album!

I never expected a carbon copy of TSO aand later 'tage just a continuing evolution of that sound.

This stuff is about as far away from that as possible.