CHRIS JERICHO: No New FOZZY Album Before 2020

MetalAges

Purveyor of the Unique & Distinct
Staff member
Sep 30, 2001
Virginia, USA
www.ultimatemetal.com
FOZZY — the band featuring former WWE wrestling superstar Chris Jericho alongside members of STUCK MOJO — will enter the studio later this year to begin recording its new album for a tentative early 2020 release. Jericho told Loudwire in a new interview: "Rich Ward [guitar] and Johnny Andrews, who produced the last record, have been writing for the last couple of months. The stuff that we have is amazing. I think the idea is to have at least a single ready by September to coincide with the [IRON] MAIDEN show [in California] and that 'Unleash The West' tour that we're doing to kind of put around the MAIDEN gig. I think a new record out early next year." Regarding how FOZZY plans to make its new music available, Jericho said: "We're with Sony Records now and I've heard some different ideas. Maybe we just do nine singles and don't do a full album. We're excited to do a record if they want us to, or if they want us to release singles like they do in the Top 40 world, that's fine too. All that matters is that people hear your music and get a chance to see you live. Whether you have a full record or whether you have a song that's coming out every six weeks or whatever it may be, as long as people are excited about it and as long as the material is good, that's all that matters." FOZZY's last three albums — 2012's "Sin And Bones", 2014's "Do You Wanna Start A War" and 2017's "Judas" — were released through Century Media. Jericho — who had made his name wrestling in the Extreme Championship Wrestling and World Championship Wrestling organizations — co-founded FOZZY with Ward in Atlanta in 1999. The band's first two albums, "Fozzy" (2000) and "Happenstance" (2002), were made up primarily of cover songs. FOZZY is Chris Jericho (vocals), Rich Ward (guitars, vocals), Frank Fontsere (drums), Billy Grey (guitars) and Randy Drake (bass).

Continue reading...