Chris Poland's stuff after deth

speed

Nov 19, 2001
Visit site
I was just wondering if anyone has heard any of Chris Poland's work, since he left Megadeth. I just heard some stuff from his band Ohm, and his solo album, and I was very very impressed.

Ohm is some great stuff, metal meets fusion jazz, I agree with you on his solo album, it is very good, now if he just wouldnt have stole all deths equipment, think of the what couldve happened, cuz i always liked his riffs and solos, which are unlike any other guitarist, i heard he screwed up his hand, and that produced his odd style, just not sure what he did to that hand.

I have the ohm + all his solo albums ( return + the new one, chasing the sun) and damn the machine . His newest album is my favorite. It has strong elements of fusion + blues and shred. The compositions are strong but it is not as " dethy " as the first. I like both but the newest one technically is far above return (especially the solos). Highly recommended even though it is more fusion oriented than metal . Chris is one of my fav. guitarists ever and probably the most under rated one.

Originally posted by speed
i heard he screwed up his hand, and that produced his odd style, just not sure what he did to that hand.

yeah, man he tore one of the ligaments in his left hand in some accident and it allowed him to stretch alot farther on the guitar neck than should be normally possible