Christmas Metal Album

misanthropist1

My member is not junior
May 22, 2006
An Igloo
Hello. I'm a complete noob to this site as you can tell from my posts and what not and I looked but couldn't find this topic(I might have missed it) I was curious if anyone knows about a Christmas metal album. Someone had told me about it a few years back and I have wanted to hear it since then. He said that Cannnibal Corpse(O Tanenbaum is what I believe they did) and other such bands were on the disc. I havn't seen or heard anything about it since and I can assume that it would be an obscure album to find.

Any info on this would be greatly appreciated.

Here's some fruitloop shit that you would probably like.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

CHILDREN OF BODOM, NIGHTWISH, STRATOVARIUS Members Featured On Metal Christmas Album - Dec. 11, 2006
According to a posting on CHILDREN OF BODOM fan site Scythes Of Bodom, the band's frontman Alexi Laiho is featured on the Christmas-themed Finnish covers album "Raskaampaa Joulua" (Finnish for "Heavier Christmas"). Laiho can be heard shredding the axe on the track "Petteri Punakuono" ("Rudolph The Red Nosed Reindeer"). Other musicians that appear on the CD include Marco Hietala (NIGHTWISH, TAROT), Tony Kakko (SONATA ARCTICA) and Lauri Porra (STRATOVARIUS). More information (including audio samples) is available at this location.

A year ago some Finnish metal musicians made an album called Raskasta Joulua (Heavy Christmas). This year they decided to make another one called Raskaampaa Joulua (Heavier Christmas) which was already mentioned by Tumn. The songs are heavy/metal versions of traditional christmas songs, all sung in Finnish, though some of them are probably of non-Finnish origin (I don't know for sure, and I don't care enough to find out).

So it's no joke. You can listen to samples here: biisi.fi - Raskaampaa joulua – Raskaampaa joulua

I hated last year's album Raskasta Joulua, so I won't even bother checking out this new one.

There does exist one good heavy christmas album, but you non-Finnish folks won't probably get anything out of it. It's called Vuoden Synkin Juhla and it's made by Viikate. Finding it outside Finland might also be a bit difficult

There does exist one good heavy christmas album, but you non-Finnish folks won't probably get anything out of it. It's called Vuoden Synkin Juhla and it's made by Viikate. Finding it outside Finland might also be a bit difficult

I beg to differ. I'll look for this album...I'll find it...I'll like it. Yeehaw.