class presenstation on Slayer case

ucsbdude

Stargate Addict
Apr 3, 2003
Stargate Command
Visit site
Hey ya'll, just for all you Slayer fans I'm doing a presentation for my First Amendment class. It's about the Slayer case that they got sued for the murder of a girl in 95' Supposedly their lyrics incited 3 boys in killing the girl. So I think its going to be interesting working on this. I'll keep you peeps posted :)

Slayer! Slayer! Slayer!

IanDork107 said:
Who won the case?

Oh, Slayer won hands down. The case was thrown out from lack of evidence from the family that the lyrics caused the death. No concrete proof. Also, this was an attack on the bands 1st amendment's rights to free speech which can be supported through the Brandenberg decision of 1969(?) of "imminent danger, which the music does not pose. So there :p

Things like this fucking annoy me. Sure, blame the music for your children's bad behavior. Blame everything but yourself or (heavens forbid) the kid! Blame the music, the video games, the movies, the books, the social pressures, the alignment of the planets, the brightness of the fucking moon and stars.

WHY CAN'T ANYONE TAKE SOME FUCKING RESPONCIBILITY FOR THEIR OWN ACTIONS!?

*pants* Ok, I got that off my chest.

SLAYER!!!!!!!!! :p

Belial said:
Things like this fucking annoy me. Sure, blame the music for your children's bad behavior. Blame everything but yourself or (heavens forbid) the kid! Blame the music, the video games, the movies, the books, the social pressures, the alignment of the planets, the brightness of the fucking moon and stars.

WHY CAN'T ANYONE TAKE SOME FUCKING RESPONCIBILITY FOR THEIR OWN ACTIONS!?

*pants* Ok, I got that off my chest.

SLAYER!!!!!!!!! :p

Haha I hear you :wave: