Clive Barker and Therion????

The Scourge

Suicide Machine
May 26, 2003
Drowning in a sea of addictions
As many of you may know, I am a Katatonia board dweller. That being said, through previous experience, I feel that literary annonuncements would be best appreciated here(since all of you are elitists, hehe). But I just read a bit of news on Blabbermouth.net that said that Therion will be releasing two albums simultaneously. And what is more, one track on the second CD called "Lemuria" is called Quetzacoatl. Now that name is indeed old, but the last reference to it as I recall is in Clive Barker's last adult novel, Coldheart Canyon. That just tickles me so much, considering that one of metal's most classically mimded composers will pay homage to one of the world's great post-moden/horror/fantasy authors of our time. So, any Anathema fans who are also Barker/Therion fans excited about this?

Clive Barker is brilliant. Read Weaveworld if you've never read him before, it is absorbing. I've also been to the graveyard he took his inspiration from for midian...it's in Kensington>eh?!! :err:

Anyway, yeah, read Clive Barker...oh and listen to Bill Hicks if you haven't before.......

"Sing from your fuckin' heart!" :)

Su Jacko said:
Clive Barker is brilliant. Read Weaveworld if you've never read him before, it is absorbing. I've also been to the graveyard he took his inspiration from for midian...it's in Kensington>eh?!! :err:

Anyway, yeah, read Clive Barker...oh and listen to Bill Hicks if you haven't before.......

"Sing from your fuckin' heart!" :)

It is so awesome to see a fellow Clive Barker fan here. If you read Weaveworld, then surely you understand that my nick is the villain from that story. Cabal is one of my least favorite of his novellas(I actually prefer the other short stories in that book, particularly The Last Illusion which is so much better than the movie) but still brilliant nonetheless. So, is that cemetary genuinely creepy and gothic?
Imajica is hismagnum opus and my favorite(the grandest epic that deserves a place alongside Lord Of The Rings and Herbert's Dune Chronicles as one of the 20th century's best literary accomplishments). I simply love his take on existence, which strengthens his already commanding writing style which he started with Weaveworld and solidified with The Great and Secret Show. I am actually rereading the latter, which I will follow with it's sequel, Everville, as I hear he is now writing The Third Book Of The Art in that series. Barker is brilliant beyond comprehension, and in my opinion is the world's best surviving storyteller and metaphysician.
And hey, to go on a tangent, I realize that some may view Stephen King as a little lowbrow, but his Dark Tower series are also brilliant; escapist literature at its best and definitely a departure from his usual style.