Clive Burr & Dee Snider?

Danny rctv

Girl Band Geek!
May 22, 2002
San Francisco
www.realitychecktv.com
I just found this out.I knew Dee Snider after TS broke up had recorded an album with a new band he formed called "Deperado".Sadly it never got released but I just heard a rumor Clive Burr was the drummer!:OMG: Anyone know about this??

Yes Sir, I do! And I have it too! :kickass:

When I met Clive Burr at the London airport he told me about this project so I knew to look out for it, though I didn't find a copy until about 4 years ago on ebay! :err: I gotsta have my Clive Burr recordings! :) He also played on a Mantis CD. I have that too. :loco:

Mantis?That wasn't the guitarist from Venom was it?I remember Clive had a band called "Escape"after he left Maiden.I saw the demo on many a bootleg tape trader's lists back in da day but never heard it.

Yo Linda.Think you can burn me a copy of that Deperado disc?I've always wanted to hear that.I was a HUGE TS fan.They were like my favorite band Before that gawdawful "Stay Hungry" album & MTV ruined them!Love their first 2 albums.Classics!

What was the group he played with..."GogaMagog" or something like that...named after this pair of demons from a Moorcock Elric novel.

Doodoobubbachuck said:
Check this out Danny:

http://cgi.ebay.com/DESPERADO-Ace-Dee-Snider-Bernie-Torme-Twisted-Sister_W0QQitemZ250011132456QQihZ015QQcategoryZ307QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I'll have to check if this is the one I have or not. No worries, I'll bring ya a gift when we head up your way next month if you'd like. :)

That would be sweet!I heard your playing in Sac.Any where else closer to me?I hope you hold off on the city cause God Dammit this year For sure I want you guys playing my B-day bash!We've missed out 2 years in a row!This yera is my big Four Oh!So we got to make it happen!

Ooops! I forgot the Praying part! :oops: I thought it felt a little strange when I typed it. :) I played on a bill that a band called Manntis was also on and I think that's where the confusion started! RouxBodine, you're totally right on that one! Thanks for the correction! :oops: I have the live one.

Doodoobubbachuck said:
Check this out Danny:

http://cgi.ebay.com/DESPERADO-Ace-Dee-Snider-Bernie-Torme-Twisted-Sister_W0QQitemZ250011132456QQihZ015QQcategoryZ307QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I'll have to check if this is the one I have or not. No worries, I'll bring ya a gift when we head up your way next month if you'd like. :)

Linda, so did you check? Is it the same one? Danny, you going to buy it? I didn't want to steal it from you before you get a chance. Linda, how does it sound? Thumbs up? Down? Is it worth buying?

Red Shirt said:
Linda, so did you check? Is it the same one? Danny, you going to buy it? I didn't want to steal it from you before you get a chance. Linda, how does it sound? Thumbs up? Down? Is it worth buying?

Here's some more info on this CD that I found:

"Desperado's 'Ace' was recorded in 1990 and is regarded by many as one of the high points of 80's rock/metal. It was never released because of the record company changing its mind about the project due to the explosion of 'grunge' metal at the time. 'Ace' remains a classic of its genre and is now released for the first time."

This release is called "ACE" and this particular link I posted previously is for an import version. Here is another link to a non-import version for less.
http://www.cduniverse.com/productinfo.asp?pid=7119340&style=music&cart=369984698

BUT.....here's something interesting! The CD I have is called "Bloodied, But Unbowed" and was released in 1996 on Destroyer Records with competely different cover art. The songs are exactly the same ones as on this "ACE" release BUT the Bloodied....CD has two extra tracks! So, Red Shirt, no I will not be picking this one up and if you do there is a lower priced version at the link above. :) PM me and let me know what you decide to do. I'd be happy to burn a copy for you both and bring it to our next show (in your area) if you'd like. :cool: It's good ol' rock n roll.

Doodoobubbachuck said:
I'll bring ya a gift when we head up your way next month if you'd like. :)

Linda, that'd be great if you could burn me one, too.
rockdevil.gif

Puckfiend said:
I'm sorry, dear..we're not gonna make it this weekend to Pasadena. Can I get it at the next one?

:cry: * takes CD out of bag * :cry:

:lol: :lol: J/K Puckfiend! No worries! Just let me know when you're coming to a gig and I'll pop it back in for ya. :headbang: Cheers!