Closure ending ??

Yeah the Lamentations versino was cool. A bigger and more drawn out ending into the heavier part. did they do that so they could switch guitars or something?

Maggot9 said:
Yeah the Lamentations versino was cool. A bigger and more drawn out ending into the heavier part. did they do that so they could switch guitars or something?

yeah, but they added like an extra 2 minutes to the song, even though it only took mikael 15 seconds to switch guitars.

WeepingMoon said:
aye, i think it's meant to cut off cuz it's like a life that just gets cut off, or something like that u know :lol: personally, i like the Lamentations version's ending, but thats just me

Aye. The Lamentations version was far superior in my opinion as well. That long interlude, just built up so much tension, and then when you heard Martin with those crashing symbols, it was just awesome. Its a shame they didnt do the same for the Damnation version.

I also noticed that when they played it on the Documentery, (correct if I'm wrong about this) it sounds like he used a lot of delay (saying that it sounded like 3 or 4 different guitars at once) That was also really cool, but you don't hear it on Damnation.

Either way, its a great song never the less.

Hmm. Actually, I'm listening to the song right now, and it's kinda strange that I wouldn't have noticed it. I do now though. Actually, as the riff progresses, it kind of becomes more and more noticable.

My appologies. Im kind of having a hard time explaining myself. But yeah, to answer the original question, I think it's intended to lead into Hope Leaves, however it sounds kind of odd the way it just abruptly ends in the middle of a reasonably heavy riff (by Damnation standards) into one of the more mellow riffs of the album. Perhaps if Mike ever sees this thread he could explain, untill then, I dont think any of us will ever really know. But no, your CD is not fucked, mine, and my friends, and apparently everyone elses does the same thing.

HOLY GOD THIS HAS NEVER BEEN DISCUSSED BEFORE, WE SHOULD EMAIL MIKAEL.

fucking hell. i thought I could deal with it, but this newbie shit IS a pain in the ass :(

Shadows Skulk said:
yeah all the cliche mockeries of the noobs are starting to come true, expect a 'WHOSE MELIDNA??/' thread soon

LMAO....Opeth Message Board Elitism? You have got to be kidding me. :OMG:

He has a point actually, in the 9 months or so that ive been on this board. The whole melinda thing has come many many times. So when some of he people on the board have been on here for at least a year n half it is frustrating to find threads about things like melinda, or 'have they ever played black rose immortal live' threads. All those answers can be found in the faq and on the site itself.

i love the whole arabian sounding ending to closure, its so frikken awesome.

they play it really sloppy on the Lamentations DVD, they are just slightly off and the tempo speed up doesnt sound right, JMHO.