CLOUDSCAPE "New Era"

KingsGene

God of Thunder
Apr 1, 2005
near KC
www.kingsofthenight.com
Seems like forever since there's been something new from these guys...from their website :

"The work with Cloudscape's forthcoming 4th album entitled "New Era" is now finished! The band offers a strong, melodic album and probably their best to date. NEW ERA was produced by Micko Twedberg, mixed by Micko Twedberg together with Anders "Theo" Theander, mastered by Anders "Theo" Theander, who also is executive producer, all done at ROASTINGHOUSE STUDIOS. The sound is strong, organic and perfect for the songs, and all involved is really eager to present NEW ERA to the fans and metal community all over the world. Cloudscapes management will now start to touch base with record labels to find the best possible 'home' for "New Era".

Release info and release dates will be announced as soon as a record deal is settled..."

Cloudscape_new_era.jpg

'NEW ERA' teaser online!!! CHECK IT OUT!!

From their Facebook page:

"Next week it seems CLOUDSCAPE's management (Roastinghouse) will settle the last details for the release of "New Era" for the U.S and Canadian territory with a label partner over there (to be announced next week). News about the European territory is yet to be announced..."

Last edited by a moderator:
I liked their first two discs a lot, but then sorta lost track of the band after that... I gotta check out Global Drama!

I liked their first two discs a lot, but then sorta lost track of the band after that... I gotta check out Global Drama!

"Global Drama" was probably their best album, it was a real step forward from their first two (which were damn good by themselves). I'm so glad to hear that they're going to be re-emerging, I was wondering just a couple of months ago whatever had happened to them.

IMHO.....first album was great when they were more melodic. It's been a steady progression downhill for me as they've ramped up the aggressive vocals from album to album...

Mike Andersson's vocals are still very melodic. He surely didn't change like Russell Allen did IMO. There are very few aggressive vocal parts on the new one and that's all. It doesn't bother me. And this comes from a guy who can't stand growly vox...