"co" fight

Hitori said:
that's a tough one
both are bad but in different ways

:D

I used to like both back in the day, but COF had so many line-up changes as well as changes to their style I liked, so... I'd choose the lesser of two evils - Finns.

COF is better imo, even though COB is less distant from what DT is. I especially like "Cruelty and the beast", "Midian", "Bitter suites for succubi" (COF's best album imo) nd what i've heard from "Nymphetamine". "Dusk and her embrace" is ok, but nothing like those others i mentioned.

well but the last 2 COB albums are really bad...another great band who disapeared into the another-boring-band-they-used-to-be-so-good-cloud...
AYDY? is one of the biggest dissapointement of 2005
I never liked COF... music isnt so bad but these ugly shirts and the stupid satanic-kiddie-vampire-image they have...I cant take them serious

CoF is good on cd, but they suck live. I saw them three times, and three times they sucked. They played 'Cthulhu Dawn', one of my favourite songs, and I recognised it at the end of it. They played 'Her Ghost in The Fog' and in the middle of it, I was like 'what the hell are they singing now?', back at the end of it I could pick it up again... etc etc.
So I go with Cob.

UndoControl said:
COF is better imo, even though COB is less distant from what DT is. I especially like "Cruelty and the beast", "Midian", "Bitter suites for succubi" (COF's best album imo) nd what i've heard from "Nymphetamine". "Dusk and her embrace" is ok, but nothing like those others i mentioned.

Well, my guess is you should spend more time with girls: "Dusk" happens to be one of their best albums (sharing with "Cruelty", both are awesome records). "Midian" and "Succubi" were too much away from those two albums, and suckage started with "From the Cradle to Enslave" =((((

Anyway, that all is to the personal taste and depends on when you discovered the band (my their first album was "Dusk and Her Embrace"), but "Gothic Romance", I think, is their best song.

Lethe` said:
CoF is good on cd, but they suck live.

Yeah, I pick up most of big DVD releases, but when I saw a clip from theirs... no thanks :D

The first 2 albums by COB are awesome, the rest is bullshit. COF have begun to suck eggs much much later, I like all albums from The Principle... to Midian, even Damnation... is listenable (of course The Principle, Vempire and Dusk are teh classic shit). Nymphetamine has its moments (e.g. Nemesis, The Mother of Abominations and the song before), but overall it sucks badly. Had half of the songs been thrown out, it would be a good album, too.

plintus: I also got into COF with "Dusk", but fortunately every album i listened by them was better than the last (i didn't listen them in chronological order, but it was something like "Dusk", "Midian", "Cruelty" and "Bitter suites"). Like you said, it's all about taste.

UndoControl said:
plintus: I also got into COF with "Dusk", but fortunately every album i listened by them was better than the last (i didn't listen them in chronological order, but it was something like "Dusk", "Midian", "Cruelty" and "Bitter suites"). Like you said, it's all about taste.

I loved Dusk and Cruelty, the new stuff's a bit meh to me though... I'd rather listen to Dimmu Borgir :loco: As for CoB... I'm (shock!) indifferent. Gonna see them at Wacken but its hardly a must do thing (unlike seeing Emperor :worship: )