COB: Chaos Ridden Years

Well yes and no, I'm sure they must mic off axis, and boost the lows on the board. Because even with a good poweramp, that preamp is still really thin.

cobhc said:
Well yes and no, I'm sure they must mic off axis, and boost the lows on the board. Because even with a good poweramp, that preamp is still really thin.

Agreed. I love the lead sound of the GP, but I'd definitely reamp with something else for low mids for rhythm.

i have never hear alexi do SO MANY mistakes with the leads and riff parts!! and it goes to roope also...

it has no comparation with tokyo warhearts ( the audio of course ) :) but the dvd is funny as well , i will buy it

felipe-x said:
i have never hear alexi do SO MANY mistakes with the leads and riff parts!! and it goes to roope also...

it has no comparation with tokyo warhearts ( the audio of course ) :) but the dvd is funny as well , i will buy it

Tokyo Warhearts had maybe 5 mistakes in the entire show. Chaos Ridden Years, however....:erk:

Of course, that's a really sore subject at the COB forum. You can't even hint at the fact that they were playing sloppy, unless you want to get flamed by the Alexi worshippers. There's probably only one useful thread on that entire board - the tab thread. The rest is just absolute garbage.

At any rate, I got used to the bright guitars further into the show, and I'm sure that watching DVD is much more interesting. I'll buy it, if only to see the documentary, which is supposed to be pretty entertaining.

I thought Alexi was one of those dudes who believed in the "sloppy playing" philosophy which states, if you play the songs perfectly in a live show, it will be less real. :eek:

Felipe - I was a huge bodom fan, just as I was a huge Metallica fan, they've gone downhill, but like many have said here, the dvd WILL be funny. Their DVD's always are. Yes Alexi/Roope are sloppy live, Alexi has been sloppy live since Hate Crew Death Roll came out.

Ben Johnson - Yeah, the lead sound of the GP fucking rocks, I've never been able to get that kinda lead tone out of any other amp, the feeling is there, you seem to be able to use less gain and still get the same harmonics and notes to come out as if you'd cranked the gain. And yeah the Bodom board sucks, I always felt it was more full of Bodom haters, than Alexi worshippers. If anyone posts anything about really liking the band, they get flamed. One of the reasons I haven't posted on that forum in a few years is cos people get beat down way too often over there.