Cob?

artificialreasons

Fear, pain, hatred, power
Apr 4, 2002
Norco, Southern California
Visit site
ive heard alot about these guys...can somebody describe their sound (and vocal style) and maybe compare them to a couple bands? ive heard alot about the guitar player too, he supposedly plays alot of advanced dream theater like solos, sounds interesting. so if u guys could help me out id appreciate it.

COB is bad ass man! they have a cool vocal style it's kind of a black metal vocal style with the raspy sound to it ya know. they are really talented musicians and Alexi the sweetest sounding guitar player too. I can't really compare them to anyone because of their unique sound but basically it's blackend death metal with some mean ass solos

Hail people!!!

Describe CoB is a hard work. I suggest you download some songs of the band and take you own opinion about what Children of Bodom is. I can be sure you'll like it... :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

Originally posted by Muddie
Don't download.. buy the fuckin albuns..!! :D

The case here was just to download a couple of songs to know if the dude even likes CoB, so don't get pissed. I guess you always buy your cd's like "Hey! I heard this bands name somewhere and this album has a cool cover. I'll buy it!"

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Check out "Silent Night, Bodom Night", "Bodom After Midnight" and "Children Of Decandence"...

You can´t compare CoB with anyone else, ´cause they invented this mix with black, melodic death & power metal...

Originally posted by Extendar

The case here was just to download a couple of songs to know if the dude even likes CoB, so don't get pissed. I guess you always buy your cd's like "Hey! I heard this bands name somewhere and this album has a cool cover. I'll buy it!"

:lol: :lol: :lol:
yeah im not one of those people who downloads stuff off the net and never buys albums..if i like a song i hear ill go buy the cd..

Originally posted by Jamiej
COB is bad ass man! they have a cool vocal style it's kind of a black metal vocal style with the raspy sound to it ya know. they are really talented musicians and Alexi the sweetest sounding guitar player too. I can't really compare them to anyone because of their unique sound but basically it's blackend death metal with some mean ass solos
sounds like the vocals are along the lines of at the gates, arch enemy, in flames...?

something like that, they arent brutally deep, and as far as Alexi playing "advanced DT like solos" ummm that just isnt his style, he plays pretty cool and tasteful neo classical solos, he sounds ALOT more like Randy Rhoads, a more evolved Rhoads, than Petrucci.

Extendar, I said that because has you may know.. Alexi said that it was a chance that if the 4th album doesn't sell some copies ("some") the band may finish.. do we want that? Btw I too download the fuckin songs first and then buy the album.. I was just trying to say that like.. " CoB rulez buy the fuckin albuns coz you won't regret" type of coment.. oh and.. I too buy the albuns like you and artificialreasons. Keep it LOUD!

Originally posted by Thorns of Sorrow
something like that, they arent brutally deep, and as far as Alexi playing "advanced DT like solos" ummm that just isnt his style, he plays pretty cool and tasteful neo classical solos, he sounds ALOT more like Randy Rhoads, a more evolved Rhoads, than Petrucci.
awesome randy rhoads is my fav. guitar player, ive just heard that alexi was along the lines of petrucci..