CoC, Crowbar, ATP and Weedeater live in NYC...

General Zod

Ruler of Australia
May 1, 2001
New Jersey
www.facebook.com
So I ended up going to this show. For $16, it's a nice tour package. I dig CoC some and I just bought the new Crowbar, which has some nice moments. Plus, I've never been to Irving Plaza, and was interested in seeing it.

Weedeater - so much bottom end, it made my pancreas shake. I don't think I've ever seen a drummer hit his kit as hard as the cat from this band. They were mildly entertaining. You got to respect a band with a song titled "Weed Wookie".

Alabama Thunder Pussy - they might have been more enjoyable if I could hear the singer. He was way too low in the mix. I was standing right behind the sound board, and assuming the sound guy was hearing the same thing as me. I'm surprised he never corrected it. The lead guitar player was surprisingly good. Overall, they weren't all that.

Crowbar - in a word... they sucked. There's not much else to say. I couldn't understand the singer when he spoke in between songs, much less when he sang. I realize their sound is supposed to be "Sludge", and I suppose it was that. But it didn't do anything for me.

CoC - really good. All the members of the band had very good energy. Their songs went over real well live. They could have been a little tighter, but I'd definitely go see them again.

Irving Plaza is a real cool place to see a show. And I've officially decided, Philly audiences are much cooler than NYC audiences.

Zod

General Zod said:
so much bottom end, it made my pancreas shake.
Zod
:lol:

I haven't heard much Weedeater, but I'd like to pick up an album. I'm gonna see COC, Alabama Thunderpussy, and Fu Manchu next month. First time seeing all of them--should be a good show.

i enjoy philly for concerts :headbang:. its worth it to drive the 2.5 hours there to see a show than see one here in crappy/crabby maryland

ct_thrash said:
i enjoy philly for concerts :headbang:. its worth it to drive the 2.5 hours there to see a show than see one here in crappy/crabby maryland
Next time you make the trip to Philly for a show, Dark One and I will have to meet up with you for a beer.

Zod