Coheed and Cambria?

jackson3124

Aug 29, 2005
www.darkmirroronline.com
Ha I know I will probably get a bunch of shit for this but I downloaded shit off the new Coheed album(Good Apollo Im Burning Star IV: From Fear Through The Eyes of Madness) and it fuckin rocks. It is heavily classic rock influenced(Led Zeppelin, Thin Lizzy, Police, Pink Floyd etc.) in the guitars and Welcome Home is actually heavy(almost has some metal moments). Coheed is in my opinion one of the best rock bands out there right now out of the modern bunch. Hell they may have poppy songs but listen to lyrics, even the poppy ones are about murder and dark shit. I am proud to say Iwill be rocking out in the front row when I see em live this october 5 only three days after seeing anthrax and priest in moline illinois the 2nd. Hell yeah! Not to mention Exodus and 3 inches of blood later in october! Also they have grown as a band on this cd and fucking rock and they play some cool guitar solos. Before you just go and bash the band go to www.coheedandcambria.com and listen to Welcome Home. I love it! :headbang: I dont know about you guys but I am buying this cd right when it comes out Sept 20 along with the new children of bodom, and Ill be getting the new anthrax shit in the mail! Hell yeah!

Hey Im sure you like some bands I hate too ha ha. We all have our opinions. I like this band, and they are good live. Dont get me wrong im into metal as anyone else here, but I like a lot of other shit too.

oh its ok to like this gayass band but when i mention bands like THEBLACKDAHLIAMURDER,CHIMAIRA,LAMB OF GOD,AS I LAY DYING,ALL THAT REMAINS,KILLSWITCHENGAGE you people go apeshit and label it as nu-metal,mallcore,emo(whatever the fuck that means)metalcore,ect ect.
i dont get it.

hahaha i had a funny expereince with this band as there was mass confusion to were 3 inches of blood (there great everybody,check them out) were playing in glasgow so me and my friend started waiting in the que for ages and i thought to myself "why do i see no manowar thsirts here,these people dont look very metal?!" however we eventually made our way into the venue as the bouncer dudes didnt check what was on our ticket and we soon realsied we were in the completely wrong place about to wacth some shit band(coheed and cambria)! anyway we got the end of the ticket back from 2 not very happy bouncers,ran down the road and watched a fallsetto fest in 3 inches of blood!

Ha 3 inches of blood is badass. It is funny as hell that the big dude sings the falsetto and the thin shrimpy dude screams. They put on a good show they will kill with exodus.

Deadly Sinners! Deadly Sinners! Deadly Siner ah ahs! :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

Black Dahlia murder are death metal, not metalcore. The red chord are getting more death metal and moving away from the core. Lamb of god are like a modern form of Pantera rock. They aren't metalcore. Chimaira is a hell of alot better on their newest cd and it doesn't hurt they have an awesome veteran of death metal at the drumming position. The cd people should get if they like prog, mixed with some death, a little core, and killer instrumentals, they need to get this:

Between the Buried and Me's - Alaska which comes out September 6. I hate metalcore but to lump this band with any of those bands would be insane. Killer stuff! I can't speak for their older material but this cd is great.

ironmaidenfan09 said:
Coheed and Cambria are emo fags. I can't take that whiny fucking voice. Its like nails on a chalk board.

Geddy Lee had a whiny voice and Rush has sold a zillion records and is widely respected by all. I'd rather listen to this guy than the clone screamo singers that are out there now.

ARGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Shitty emo prog!!!!!!!!!!!! Two shitty forms of music put together to make an even shittier form of music. To the dude, who digs Killswitch Engage, Black Dhalia Murder, Chimaira, All That Remains, right on brother. These bands kick ass, but I really don't care to much for As I Lay Dying.

tattooedsean666 said:
Black Dahlia murder are death metal, not metalcore. The red chord are getting more death metal and moving away from the core. Lamb of god are like a modern form of Pantera rock. They aren't metalcore. Chimaira is a hell of alot better on their newest cd and it doesn't hurt they have an awesome veteran of death metal at the drumming position. The cd people should get if they like prog, mixed with some death, a little core, and killer instrumentals, they need to get this:

Between the Buried and Me's - Alaska which comes out September 6. I hate metalcore but to lump this band with any of those bands would be insane. Killer stuff! I can't speak for their older material but this cd is great.

:worship: :worship: I was begining to think you were a total metal snob until this post. You took the exact words out of my mouth and explained those bands perfectly. I agree about the new Chimaira album also. I hated that band until I heard the new album....My buddy played it for me and I was blown away. Kevin Talley just brought a whole new vibe and intensity to the band. Plus Chimaira use their samples very sparingly on the new album and that, my friends, is a good thing.

The Red Chord is another briliant band and Clients will more than likely fall in my top 5 of 2005:headbang: :headbang: Never heard Between the Buried and Me...Have to check them out sometime