Coheed & Cambria release new album

Russell

__
Jul 15, 2001
The starry attic
www.russellgarwood.co.uk
A video for the new Coheed & Cambria single 'The Running Free', taken from their upcoming album No World For Tomorrow can be viewed below:[ame=http://myspacetv.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=19243342]Coheed & Cambria video[/ame] Full press release for the new album:

Coheed and Cambria are all set to release “NO WORLD FOR TOMORROW” out October 22, 2007. The album is the band’s fourth record, and second for Columbia. The new record follows the critically acclaimed Million Selling "Good Apollo I’m Burning Star IV, Vol 1: From Fear Through the Eyes of Madness," which peaked at number 7 on the "Billboard Top 200."

Coheed and Cambria (Claudio Sanchez – vocals, guitar; Travis Stever – guitar; Mic Todd – bass and Chris Pennie - Drums) spent the first half of 2007 working on "NO WORLD FOR TOMORROW" in Los Angeles with producer Nick Raskulinecz (Foo Fighters, Rush, Stone Sour) and mixer Randy Staub (Metallica). With original drummer Josh Eppard out of the band, Coheed recruited Taylor Hawkins from the Foo Fighters to play drums on the record. The making of "NO WORLD FOR TOMORROW" marks the band’s first time they have worked with new Columbia co-Chairman Rick Rubin, who played an A&R role in the making of the record.

"NO WORLD FOR TOMORROW" is a notable progression for the band, who has now added ex-Dillinger Escape Plan drummer Chris Pennie as an official new member. Sanchez says: "Josh leaving the band was a big deal for us, but having Taylor on the record, and now having Chris in the band full time has really allowed us to progress in a way that is really exciting for all of us." While still very much a Coheed record in sound, "NO WORLD FOR TOMORROW" is a much more personal document for Sanchez as he allowed the emotional events of recent years to profoundly effect the lyrical content for the first time ever. Still, the new record does complete the story of the Amory Wars, and is in fact the final chapter in the saga of Coheed and Cambria Kilgannon, the main characters in a story that wraps all of the band's concept albums into one.

"I found it impossible to write this record without allowing my personal life to creep into the direction of the story," Sanchez shares. "I had a clear vision of where I wanted the record to go musically in terms of experimenting with new instrumentation, but when it came time for the lyrics, I opened myself up to let things go to where they naturally were going. It turns out that what happened to me over the last couple of years helped shaped the conclusion of the story better than I could have ever imagined. So it all worked out."

The band will tour the world heavy and hard for the next year at least. Stay tuned to Coheed and Cambria’s new blog site, www.noworldfortomorrow.com, to find video news announcements by Sanchez himself. The announcements are updated weekly.