Colony's booklet full of errors?

Clay-Man

Anders pre-2003
May 18, 2008
Think about it. Even though it's an official booklet with lyrics, think about how some of the stuff it suggests is easily incorrect.

The New World. When the fuck do you hear "world" in the song? Oh and it when they string up "the new w..." it's always "the new word" so it's obviously a typo.

Coerced Coexistance. In the chorus he says "pine". The word can't be pine. Think about it. It doesn't make that much sense. It was supposed to be "pain" most likely. The last chorus was stringed together by going over some lyrics again which were "I'll take you on a ride, as partowner to my pain"

He links the word pain to transition over to the chorus, so it has to be pain.

Resin's chorus is incorrect as well. "Each day I crawl through the hall of the giants."

When I heard mutliple live versions he says "Each day I crawl to the heart of the silence." It makes more sense. In the studio version if you listen well it sounds like he's saying it on there too.

So I personally think the Colony booklet was full of errors. What do you think?

Think about it. Even though it's an official booklet with lyrics, think about how some of the stuff it suggests is easily incorrect.

The New World. When the fuck do you hear "world" in the song? Oh and it when they string up "the new w..." it's always "the new word" so it's obviously a typo.

Coerced Coexistance. In the chorus he says "pine". The word can't be pine. Think about it. It doesn't make that much sense. It was supposed to be "pain" most likely. The last chorus was stringed together by going over some lyrics again which were "I'll take you on a ride, as partowner to my pain"

Resin's chorus is incorrect as well. "Each day I crawl through the hall of the giants."

When I heard mutliple live versions he says "Each day I crawl to the heart of the silence." It makes more sense. In the studio version if you listen well it sounds like he's saying it on there too.

I think the Coerced Coexistence lyrics may be "Pine", which does make sense if you consider it as "pining" for something. I always thought it was pain, until I read the lyrics. I think when he bridges it it definately is "partowner to my pain", though, so I dunno.

Resin, not sure... he says "each day I crawl to the heart of silence" live, but it's not uncommon for Anders to change lyrics live. He completely alters Stand Ablaze, he sometimes changes OFTW, a few times Jotun as well. Certainly on the CD it sounds more like "silence" or "tyrants" than "giants".

theres a vid on youtube of IF performing Episode 666 in Koln, in which i don't believe that finalized the song exactly yet, because the lyrics were changed. I think changes them quite a bit.

Bands have been known to change songs or lyrics slightly after releasing them (whenever Maiden do Sanctuary they add a whole section, for example). It's possible he liked that line more.

I think it is pine.

It's the New Word, it was a typo, suck it up.

Anyhow, it wasn't exactly riddled with errors.

The booklet for Whoracle has some errors as well or atleast my copy. It lists Dialogue with the Stars as the fourth song on the album when it's the fifth on the actual album. I'm not sure if there's multiple versions of the album though because I've seen the song switched with The Hive on several tracklistings. Some times it's:
4: Dialogue
5: The Hive

and other times they've switched places. On my copy which I pulled out just for this post, it's definately the 5th song.

http://www.allmusic.com/cg/amg.dll?p=amg&sql=10:ze7m96oogep7
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Whoracle