Come on! Come on! Come on!!!

I picked up Made In Japan (Deluxe remaster 2CD version) and In Rock for $5 each at a record convention a couple weeks back. Score!

I already have Perfect Strangers, Burn, and one of those cheapo collections.

And before YOU say it, NO! I don't have Machine Head yet.. :lol:

Did Deep Purple end up playing the Chicago HoB a while back?
I think they played on a Saturday AND a Sunday. I had bought tickets for the Sunday show, which ended up being cancelled.
But does anyone know if the Saturday show still took place? And if so, how was it?
I've never seen them live and was pretty pissed when the show was cancelled.

I picked up Made In Japan (Deluxe remaster 2CD version) and In Rock for $5 each at a record convention a couple weeks back. Score!

I already have Perfect Strangers, Burn, and one of those cheapo collections.

And before YOU say it, NO! I don't have Machine Head yet.. :lol:

Not "if" but "when" you pick up Machine Head be sure to get the one with the "Roger Glover Remixes", it gives the album a different feel to it. Just be sure to listen to the regular album first cause listening to all those extra bits on the remixes might ruin it for ya.

Jose - Will do. I have seen it all over the place.

PowerMetalNerd - Funny you should mention it. I was planning on going to the HOB shows too. Then I saw somewhere that it was canceled. What ended up happening was the Sunday show only getting canceled. The Sat show did indeed happen. I saw a review on it on one of their fan sites. I was pissed too. The HOB didn't really clarify very well in their announcements that only the Sunday show was canceled.

I never had that bad of an experience there.
My only complaint is that they start the first band sometimes as the doors are opening.

I remember a few years back at the Dummy Burger / Neverbore / Children of Boredom / Shitpocracy (Ok, nothing against these bands, I was just on a roll after Dummy Burger) tour a while back, that Hypocrisy started as the line was let in. We missed half their set.

I have a few Deep Purple albums... I have In Rock, Burn, Machine Head and Perfect Strangers on vinyl. I have Made in Japan on a CD somewhere that someone gave to me, and then I have The Deep Purple Story 2 CD collection, Machine Head, Machine Head 2CD 20th Anniversary Edition, and some compilation album that is pretty good. It has Space Truckin', Knockin' At Your Back Door, and stuff like that on it. Oh, and I have the "Come Hell Or High Water" DVD. Good stuff, Deep Purple. My dad was a fan of them, I even have his cassette tape of The Best of Deep Purple.

Hey, my dad gave me his Black Sabbath - Paranoid cassette tape when I was like 5 or 6. It was a great day.

He had a bunch of Black Sabbath and Deep Purple albums on vinyl too, but I think they got thrown out long ago (and no, it wasn't his idea, in fact he was quite pissed).

Hey, my dad gave me his Black Sabbath - Paranoid cassette tape when I was like 5 or 6. It was a great day.

He had a bunch of Black Sabbath and Deep Purple albums on vinyl too, but I think they got thrown out long ago (and no, it wasn't his idea, in fact he was quite pissed).

Yep, I found a Led Zeppelin cassette on my dad's bag when I was like 7 and it all grew from there. :headbang: