Come on, rip into me :D

Snare sounds really weird in the verse parts. Guitars are too quiet and muddy/dark, vocals are too loud and out of tune, especially when the backing vocals come in. That kick/snare in the verses really kills me.

any suggestions on how i could improve them?

in case you hadn't noticed i'm not much of a mixing kinda guy, but i'm determined to get better and be half decent at it :L

yep, natural drums, snare has been blended with a piccollo sample and a sample of the snare from sad but true (made it myself, which is why if you lsiten there's a cut off on the snare, i'm tto poor to afford slate :() and had some reverb/compression and eq added to it

kick has just been eq'd heavily with a noise gate put on

i've done everything i can to brighten up the guitar tracks but that's the best i personally can get out of them with compression and eq, but that's what you get for recording with old strings :)

just added some reverb to the vocals and a bit of compression, and some overdrive to the growls. The tuning issue is more than likely because of the fact we were ind rop b and our vocalist just can't handle it, this recording was done well over a year ago at the start of our college course when we knew nothing about recording and had no thought to the fact that our vocalist might not be able to handle lower pitches, we just wanted to sound heavy hahahahahhaa