Come say hello to Viron

Heard aboput them but not the music actually. Thanks for the links Deron

NP: Rick Wakeman - 'Just Another Day'

LEt me know what you think dude! I was pleasantly surprised when I heard them air on Hard Radio. I made it a point to find out who the heck was blaring that "in your face" metal on me :) .

MetalAges said:
LEt me know what you think dude! I was pleasantly surprised when I heard them air on Hard Radio. I made it a point to find out who the heck was blaring that "in your face" metal on me :) .

I really dig this band. Cool guitar riffs and drum fills. The vocalist has a cool voice as well. There are two small problems though.

Despite the fact I really like the vocalist and his range and style, his voice isn't full. They need to incorporate more backing vocals be it gang style or harmony to thicken up the vocals.

The second problem is the "twin" guitar attack is nonexistant in the second and third song. What I mean is that they often double each other as opposed to having much written in two seperate parts.

This band is only two years old though in their current form, so they will mature as a unit. I like what I hear so far, but the future is wide open for them.

Bryant

I tried to check their stuff but barely could listen to one song. The clean vocals sound alright but the song was an acoustic softie, so I want to hear a more metal one.

NWOGHM kicks ass! And I deserve that ass-kicking because I didn't buy the album until now, more than a year after its release. A successful merger of the power metal styles from both sides of the Atlantic; I mean of course it's all been done before but this is still very fresh sounding stuff. I hope there'll be a followup record at some point!:kickass:

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah the album is very good. I got it some weeks ago, got what it takes to make good new metal with old school vibe. I think the name of the album summarize very aptly what the band is looking for.

NP: Heaven & Hell - 'Lady Evil'