comeing to the rescue

T

tweenies 396

saxon are releaseing a cd called come to the rescue i seen it on amazom.co.uk released 25 3 02 can any shine any light on this graham

The CD is indeed released on 25 March.

The record contains 2 CD's, the first being a best of / B-sides collection and the second disc is various live tracks.

I read all that info on Amazon as well - you should try it.

CD1 Is 14 Tracks from "Diamonds +Nuggets"
CD2 Is The 9 Tracks From "Live at Donington"
So all Tracks Have Been available Before.
I Recently got some copies of The Saxon DvD in
Stock Called "Classic Rock Series" Bloody Fantastic
Concert with Nibs Going Mental on Bass !! Its Basically
Greatest hits Live.

CD1 Is 14 Tracks from "Diamonds +Nuggets"
CD2 Is The 9 Tracks From "Live at Donington"
So all Tracks Have Been available Before.
I Recently got some copies of The Saxon DvD in
Stock Called "Classic Rock Series" Bloody Fantastic
Concert with Nibs Going Mental on Bass !! Its Basically
Greatest hits Live.

I read that Saxon is realising livealbum near July called "Heavy Metal Thunder" and this will be official album (I think because Biff was taking about it..)
Why Diamonds and Nuggets and Live at donington are not official?
What about double: Denim&leather and Strong Arm Of The Law + bonus tracks?

According my info this cd will be called The Early Years, That's what I found on Saxons Record Label.(SVP)
The Cover you can see on the Saxon Tribute Site www.saxon-nl.com.

Cheers Pat

Diamonds+Nuggets was never an official release due to the
Import from Mr Dawson and Mr Oliver.(I believe that to be true,correct me if i am wrong) Biff hated the idea of
live at Donington due to the terrible sound Quality !!.
The new Album "Heavy Metal Thunder" is a Studio release Of
there greatest hits over the years just carrying on from the
bonus tracks from "Killing Ground" but obviously different songs.
I have in stock both Graham Olivers new studio record."End Of An Era" And Steve Dawsons CD called "Pandemonium Circus"
which seiously rocks both very talented chaps !!!
They are both released on the "Angel Air "label.
Coming to the rescue has 2 different covers so dont get confused The cd that i have in stock is silver with the eagle on the cover the other release has i believe has a skull on it.
Again both are released on the snapper label.
If anyone wants my list of Saxon items CDs,Lps,7",12"
Killing Ground t Shirts,Programes,Loads of various items then send me an email.By the way no-one else can be arsed to promote one of the UKs greatest rock bands so i decided 2 Years ago to do it myself.Bolloxs to our great British music Media "Apart from Classic Rock"

Steve
"Justrockrecords@talk21.com"

What a complete waste of time this release is! I mean,anyone wanting that kind of material will have already bought the diamonds & donington Cds. I bet this new release wont even be a super cheap price to make it worthwhile for the completists.

Both Diamonds & the Donington albums(oh & Live in the raw also) are official releases,but, maybe Biff didnt have much input seeing as the tapes came from Mr Oliver.
The Donington recording is great! Just a straight mixing desk recording & sounds excellent as far as i'm concerned.