Comments on Sheffield show 30/6

mawfa

New Metal Member
Jun 30, 2003
Anyone else here catch the Sheffield show tonight? As a somewhat aged fan, ;o), I was more than impressed! Having not really kept up the same interest in the band that I had back in the 80's and early 90's, I was pleasantly surprised to see how good they still are live. Was this a mere 'one-off', or should I get searching for flights to see them again before the end of the tour!??! :eek:)

Mate i have been lucky enough to see Anthrax twice in the last 6 months and believe me, cancel your summer holiday and sell your kids they are as good as you witnessed tonight all the time. Im off to see 'em in Glasgow tonight so check out my report later to see if i backtrack on my previous statement, although im sure i wont....

I must concur wholeheartedly with the jockthrax there. I too have had the privelage of seeing twice lately although the first time they got a jobbies sound on the motorhead tour at the armadillo but were still shit hot. But the next time i seen them e by gum they were effing ace and im going for more of the same tonight yee ha

When I see them in Glasgow tonight, it'll be the 5th time in 18 months that I'll have experienced the joy of Anthrax. They get better every time I see them. This is definitely a band on the up.

i was there last night, it was a great show, and the first time i've seen anthrax live, mainly because they never come to sheffield, but they promised it won't be another 13 years before they come back.
all the guys were on top form, hopefully they'll come back soon.
mark.

i had to register to make this point, i was at the leadmill, and id been looking forward to that gig for two months, ever since it had been announced. i went with a bunch of my old mates who we all grew up together listening to shared albums by metallica, maiden, pestilence, testament and the mighty thrax to mention a few.
i sa\w them last year supporting motorhead in london, it was a superb show, but the night wasnt right, you couldnt drink beer while listening to the band and the place was more than half empty, and in a enormadrome situation that fucks everyhitng up.
but in the good ol leady, well thats the best gig ive seen for a long time. for me to see a band that have been going for longer than ive been able to talk play a venue that size after their arena history and have that ammount of passion for what their playing its just phenomonal. and they played metal thrashing mad. thumbsup!

but yeh, thats one seriously good band we have there, one band criminally ignored by festival organisers and people in general- a band that dont mind pulling out the classics and peppering them with awesome newies.

i genuinely believe the thrax are possibly the greastest live band on the planet right now, a true band to cherish.

go thrax!

matthew st. hubbins said:
i had to register to make this point, i was at the leadmill, and id been looking forward to that gig for two months, ever since it had been announced. i went with a bunch of my old mates who we all grew up together listening to shared albums by metallica, maiden, pestilence, testament and the mighty thrax to mention a few.
i sa\w them last year supporting motorhead in london, it was a superb show, but the night wasnt right, you couldnt drink beer while listening to the band and the place was more than half empty, and in a enormadrome situation that fucks everyhitng up.
but in the good ol leady, well thats the best gig ive seen for a long time. for me to see a band that have been going for longer than ive been able to talk play a venue that size after their arena history and have that ammount of passion for what their playing its just phenomonal. and they played metal thrashing mad. thumbsup!

but yeh, thats one seriously good band we have there, one band criminally ignored by festival organisers and people in general- a band that dont mind pulling out the classics and peppering them with awesome newies.

i genuinely believe the thrax are possibly the greastest live band on the planet right now, a true band to cherish.

go thrax!

Well put mate, i couldnt agree more.......

I have to whole heartedly agree with you, matthew, I saw them in manchester in march. It was the first time in YEARS I had seen them live and the energy was amazing from the whole band. It was cool being in such a comparitively (have i spelt that right??) small venue. john landed on my fuckin head!! cool.

It's a shame that such a great band has been widely ignored. Go to Blabbermouth.net. I hate reading the comments made with all of Anthrax's stories. I don't have the slightest clue why there are so many Anthrax haters. I guess the people that post on that site are serious losers. I for one have never posted there. I can only imagine their stuck in the 80's look.

i was at sheffield on monday night, and anthrax rocked, blew eveybody away, an excellent band live on top form. crowd wasn't that big but it was a poor night. i travelled 2 hours from pickering to get there in appalling conditions but i'm glad i did

so how big or should i say small, was the crowd in sheffield??

man, this really pains me that such a great band are so ignored and not hitting bigtime when shit like metallica sells millions.

what do the mighty thrax have to do to get more recognized?????

max said:
so how big or should i say small, was the crowd in sheffield??

man, this really pains me that such a great band are so ignored and not hitting bigtime when shit like metallica sells millions.

what do the mighty thrax have to do to get more recognized?????
4-500 only in my estimation it didn't bother anthrax there a class act