Concerns over mum's arthritis medication + medicinal cannabis use q's.

Gareth - Your Mom should be OK, just so long as she does not exceed the recommended dosage - Liver damage can occur with these medications, but only if they're taken excessively.

Of course... a little toke never hurt anyone either. ;)

I don't know if it's effective against the pain but I know some medication for arthritis are so hard that give you nausea so, in this case, yes, cannabis is highly recommended.

Well it's not like there's any danger in weed (nor has it ever been shown to interact badly with any pain medications to my knowledge), so I don't see why you should consult a doctor or anything

EDIT: The only reason I could think of to be wary about it would be if she's had any anxiety issues, but just make sure you're there and in a relatively clear state to talk her down if she starts FREAKIN' OUT MAN or whatnot (never once happened to me FWIW)

I add something (maybe it's because I missed something in the thread).
There would be no problem smoking weed IF she still takes her pills.

The fact that someone mentionned that nobody should ever take any decision without the approval of a doctor is really relevant. I mean, the danger would be that she takes weed, finds it effective, and then stops the meds treatment. And, later, discover that it was a mistake.

I would definitely go to the doctor and ask him. Even without her, just to know what he thinks about it.

I don't know if this relates at all to arthritis, but I'm going to share some shit with you that I saw first hand.

I have smoked almost every day for 10 years now, so of course I am pro pot. We have all heard of the medicinal benefits, and of course we know them to be true, but I had no idea just how true it was. My girlfriend's mom was found to have severe lung cancer a year ago. It was looking pretty fucking bad, this shit was the size of a fist. She was in chemo, and it was making her ill. She couldn't eat or sleep because of the pain, she was literally waisting away. We are talking about a complete goody two shoes type of mom here, one that never smoked pot or anything.

Her dad knew I smoked, so after hitting rock bottom he asked me to get her some weed, saying they were ready to try anything. She was even taking the marinol tablets, which is synthetic weed. I got her an 8th of the best dank I could find, gave her a pipe and showed her how to use it. Within 2 bowls she was hungry as fuck and asked me to get her some dumplings. She continued smoking every day for the next few months of chemo. She began eating and sleeping regularly and gained back most of her weight, and as of her last checkup not long ago, her cancer has shrunk small enough to be considered insignificant.

I know that's a bit long-winded, but from my experience I would say do what you can to get her to at least try it, the shit works man :headbang:

I don't know if this relates at all to arthritis, but I'm going to share some shit with you that I saw first hand.

I have smoked almost every day for 10 years now, so of course I am pro pot. We have all heard of the medicinal benefits, and of course we know them to be true, but I had no idea just how true it was. My girlfriend's mom was found to have severe lung cancer a year ago. It was looking pretty fucking bad, this shit was the size of a fist. She was in chemo, and it was making her ill. She couldn't eat or sleep because of the pain, she was literally waisting away. We are talking about a complete goody two shoes type of mom here, one that never smoked pot or anything.

Her dad knew I smoked, so after hitting rock bottom he asked me to get her some weed, saying they were ready to try anything. She was even taking the marinol tablets, which is synthetic weed. I got her an 8th of the best dank I could find, gave her a pipe and showed her how to use it. Within 2 bowls she was hungry as fuck and asked me to get her some dumplings. She continued smoking every day for the next few months of chemo. She began eating and sleeping regularly and gained back most of her weight, and as of her last checkup not long ago, her cancer has shrunk small enough to be considered insignificant.

I know that's a bit long-winded, but from my experience I would say do what you can to get her to at least try it, the shit works man :headbang:

win!!

seriously that is awesome to hear!!