Confession thread: heartbreaking pop songs you listen to

Sep 25, 2001
Time for you to come out and say it loud and clear. I know it, you know it, hell we all know it: heartbreaking non metal songs are sometimes the best.

So without further ado I will list some of my personal favorites:

Cars - Drive
Joe Esposito - Lady Lady Lady
Patrick Swayze - She's Like The Wind
Judas Priest - Before The Dawn (not pop but I had to mention it)
Pearl Jam - Garden (again not that poppy (??) but whaddahell.. )

I would list more but I can't think of any.

So, let me hear some of yours........

P.S. Flame me all you want for this, but when the doors are shut I know you put on one of these in the tape recorder :D

It counts :D

I also listen to Cranberries especially the first two albums. Alanis has some good songs, like perfect and thank you (I think it's called thank you)

Hello. New here.

I love the Beatles, the Who, James Taylor, Gordon Lightfoot, Fat Boy Slim, Beastie Boys, Slipknot and a few others. Are they pop? Does anyone know, really?

About "pop" in the title of the thread: I meant non metal. Realized my mistake when it was too late

hey dill, now you will be scorned for the rest of your life for listing Michael Jackson :D

just kidding he has a couple of good songs (mostly old ones. never heard the one you mentioned)
To The Moon and Back is also very catchy

transparent: I like radiohead's first two albums a lot. and that "lucky" song. Great stuff.

A few particular songs come to mind:

Paranoid Android - Radiohead
Oh Father - Madonna
Fire In The Head - The Tea Party (one of my top 3 favorite bands with Opeth/Nevermore)

Originally posted by The Wanderer
I enjoy Radiohead.
I used to really like the smashing pumpkins. first few pearl jam records too. pop, i dont listen to it really.

my mistake. I meant non metal, not pop.

I liked siamese dream by the pumpkins. Great album.
The first few pearl jam albums are also great. I saw them live once in Budapest, they played in front of five or ten thousand people or so and it was f****** unbelievable!

REM's "Automatic For The People" ahs some monumental songs, Everybody Hurts is among them. Try not to breathe, Man on the moon, drive and sidewinder sleeps tonite are also great. Their new stuff is okay but not that good.

Originally posted by human waste
journey
cheap trick
boston
foreigner
eddie money
the doors
styx
the police

Foreigner rocks, gives the impression of being a large arena band.

Originally posted by dill_the_devil
Just thought of another one that I like... I was just listening to REM's Everybody Hurts just a minute ago, and that's such a great song I had to include it here. In fact, almost everything REM has done is fantastic...

if only all pop was like REM, oh well damn you :mad: Monster has got to be my fav album of theirs, strange currincies, bang and blame, king of comedy, what the hell i could list em all as great songs :D

my mistake. I meant non metal, not pop.

pop is non metal (in Homer voice) and the pumpkins and Radiohead are great, new radiohead EP out just in time for christmas :D , its got 8 tracks including True Love Waits (most fans consider this their best song) and kid A live tracks. enjoy, its only £10 too. (only, like its cheap :lol: )

Although 'Losing My Religon' is my fave.

Other non-metal bands for me include U2. I adore 'With or Without You' and 'One'. *thinks* That's about it. I can tolerate most pop but I wouldn't say I like it.

And am I the only person who finds Radiohead too pretentious and over-rated nowadays? They were good once but I think they're too far up their own asses now. That's if there's enough room there what with all the music critics kissing Thom Yorke's behind. Oooh, two posts and I've already slagged a band off. Quite proud of that *g* :D

-Selphie